Faulty Recording Questions

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Faulty Recording Questions

Post by Skyline »

I'm having problems playing backthe following games' input files.
Donpachi, DoDonpachi, ESP Ra.De., Strikers 1945 Plus and a few other vert shooters. Mainly, the game pulls off all of the correct motions, but at the wrong times, causing death, death, and, worse, a score of 9,000 in Donpachi. There isn't any NVRAM or .hi files present. Is it just a matter of how the game reacts to slowdown?
「シューティング ラブ。」
SJK
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by SJK »

Just try playing back with no sound.
- Smraedis
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Although Strikers 1945 Plus and Donpachi SHOULD work...

But the Cave shooters (Dodonpachi, ESP Rade, Dungan Feveron, and Guwange) do have a serious problem with correct playback. It is fixed in AlphaMAME, but at the expense of losing some sound effects. Either that or do as SJK said, and record without sound.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

I guess its possible old s1945p replays won't play back with the latest version, in .62 the game doesn't slow to a crawl everytime your shots hit something ;-)
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Ah. I'm glad that finally happened. And since that did....I believe that the scores for the game should be cleared and given special rules (mame 62 + above only). The slow down made it a whole lot easier to get through bullet patterns.
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

Strikers 1945 Plus is actually the most accurate of the bunch, with ESP Ra.De running dead last... Surprisingly Mame .62b is worse than .61 in this aspect. But then again maybe my CPU just sucks....can't even run friggin Gunbird 2. -_-;
Last edited by Skyline on Sun Dec 01, 2002 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
「シューティング ラブ。」
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

JoeyL21988 wrote:Ah. I'm glad that finally happened. And since that did....I believe that the scores for the game should be cleared and given special rules (mame 62 + above only). The slow down made it a whole lot easier to get through bullet patterns.
I fully agree with you Joey.
Let´s zero out the scores and allow only 62-> as version to upload with.
QRS