My PC might blow up soon!

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

My PC might blow up soon!

Post by DRN »

Looks like "Cruis'n usa" and "Cruis'n world" are going to be emulated on 0.62. Recommended spec to run this according to mame.net? Pentium 4 - 4Ghz!!?
What with this and games like "Prop Cycle" and "Hard drivin Airbourne" my poor Pentium III 500mhz is just going to keel over and die! :lol:
An upgrade is due soon I think!
Darren
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

That 4ghz was assumably a joke, referring to new overclocking world record-done by finnish, but don't worry, I didn't know about that either.
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

lmao, I thought it was a little high! :oops: I was thinking, 4ghz?? They only go as high as 2.8Ghz as far as I know!
You'll probably need that for these monster games though so an upgrade is still due! :wink:
Darren
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

From what I understand, it takes all the power of a P4-2200 just to emulate the CPU (25MHz TMS32031).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

4ghz is _not_ a joke, I doubt there will be any replays at marp for a while I think you'll struggle to find people who can run it at even 75% speed with sound off ;-)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

So my new PC is outdated already with next mame ver, thank you mame team! :lol:
Skyline
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Skyline »

DRN wrote:What with this and games like "Prop Cycle" and "Hard drivin Airbourne" my poor Pentium III 500mhz is just going to keel over and die!
Plus, Prop Cycle isnt even playable for understandeable reasons. Logitech hasent gotten around to creating a USB bicycle yet. If there IS a way to control the bike it's beyond me....step on the keyboard DDR style? :roll:
「シューティング ラブ。」