oriental legend

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

oriental legend

Post by Chad »

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/krf_orle ... _win61.zip

does the life counter get corrupted in this recording? happens pretty early on. those certainly don't look like kanji numbers, but i'm asking just to be sure.
-skito
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

This also happened to me when I first played this clone. I lost one life after the other, and played on and on.

I was therefore surprised when Kelly submitted for this game the first time. That made me try again, and to my surprise it worked.

So, it's a bug that only appears sometimes. Maybe this clone should be * until the life counter works in every game.
Frankie
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I was thinking that it might be an issue with the game's protection, but I guess not if it only occurs in one of the clones.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

yes it happens sometimes (corrupting the lives counter).. probably protection, it happens most on that clone. maybe just ban recordings where it happens (annoying I know, especially if it were to happen near the end ..)

I haven't been able to fix it, and personally I think I give up trying, anyone else is welcome to study the 68k code and try and work out whats up

I posted on the other board before as I hadn't seen this here (if it was .. )
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Well, the score should be zeroed, but should we also mention in the Special Rules for this game, that players should watch out for this?
Frankie
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

I'd be wondering about whether or not this issue comes up consistently (i.e., if the counter doesn't get corrupted during recording, will it ALWAYS remain uncorrupted during playback).
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

I'd assume it'd be as consistant as anything else, afaik something in the 68k code causes it to corrupt the counter, therefore if that code is triggered when recording I assume it would be triggered when playing back.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

-skito