Can't download old MAME versions!!

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Donut
Button Masher
Button Masher

Can't download old MAME versions!!

Post by Donut »

I tried to "get MAME" version m37b16 so I can confirm some mahjong games but I get the error "the file you requested, /exe/m37b16.zip, doesn't exist." :( This happens with all the "get MAME" links.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

It's been well behind for some time now. I'd upload them myself if it wouldn't take ages to do so. But you can always get old versions from either http://www.mame.net or http://www.mame.dk.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Donut
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Donut »

I was able to get them before. Maybe it was just the older versions (before m36b8), that's all that's listed on the "old versions" page.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I've got the get MAME links for dos/win32 versions (m37b16, mame53, etc...) from 0.37 beta 9 onwards (beta 8 was the last one listed on the old versions page) pointing to their respective official MAME versions.

Of course, from 0.37 beta 9 to beta 13, this is the DOS version, whereas later ones are the Win32 console version. Blame GB9 for not separating the DOS and Win32 version out. :) I will put separate DOS and Win32 versions into the list when they are released.

For MAME32, you'll still have to get those from mame.dk or something. If anyone wants to upload the MAME32 versions, or EXE-only versions of MAME, then I'll be happy to switch the links to those. I won't upload them myself for bandwidth reasons (damn 33.6k).
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer