...another disallow-easy-mode poll (Puyo Puyo)

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Allow the "easy" (3-stage) mode in Puyo Puyo?

Poll ended at Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:23 am

No. Play the whole thing.
20%
Yes, people should be allowed to waste time on it showing off JUNK.
80%

Total votes: 5

MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

...another disallow-easy-mode poll (Puyo Puyo)

Post by MDenham »

I think the only one who'd be affected by this is Hisa.

This will apply to the sets:
  • puyopuyo
  • puyopuya
  • puyopuyb
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Re: ...another disallow-easy-mode poll (Puyo Puyo)

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=3.
MDenham wrote:I think the only one who'd be affected by this is Hisa.

This will apply to the sets:
  • puyopuyo
  • puyopuya
  • puyopuyb
As usual matt denham's suggestion is nonsence.(like 7dbs)
if you really feel my beginner-mode playing is junk indeed,beat it by yourself.(VERY VERY VERRY EASY ACT!!!!!)
only playing same as my normal of puyopuya(still far from good),you can get twice higher than other my puyopuyo plays.
"WORTHLESS ENVY SHOULD BE IGNORED!!!"
is my only one opinion.

anysome if you want to counerattack for someone you hate,
you should not do it by stupid suggestion like this,but do it by replay.

I still waiting for KING OF SOLDAM's revenge.
King should prove his skill by 999+ level and 50+ million points.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I have to agree with Hisa here... 8O

Obviously, you can get a much higher score in a full game if you're good enough.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

I'm not familiar enough with the game in question to vote on this one. I'd say, though, if you can score more points on easy mode than on normal mode, easy mode should be disallowed. But if as Barry said you can get more points on normal mode, just beat Hisa already.
-roncli
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

I'm killing this poll right now!!

Com'on, at least try to beat hisa's score. To delete recordings, it's gonna take a lot more substance than starting a poll. :evil:
bmclean
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by bmclean »

Hahahaha, ouch. You want some Vaseline with that?

I agree, though. There is no worthwhile difference between the practice game and the normal game. And where IS that fantastic Soldam recording? :P
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

ROFL.

I think the term is 0wned. :)
-roncli
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

***PL*** wrote:I'm killing this poll right now!!

Com'on, at least try to beat hisa's score. To delete recordings, it's gonna take a lot more substance than starting a poll. :evil:
...okay, so you're not going to allow splits based on difficulty, you're not going to let people get rid of easier modes... fuck that.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Because easier modes, as a general rule, will give less points than a harder mode. How about we split Twinkle Star Sprites for each of the eight difficulty levels, huh?
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

DEFCON=2
MDenham wrote:
***PL*** wrote:I'm killing this poll right now!!

...okay, so you're not going to allow splits based on difficulty, you're not going to let people get rid of easier modes... fuck that.
If Beginner mode was banned, I have to upload another million+ recordings for all puyopuyo.
It only reducts your points after all.

do you think it is difficult work for me, matt??
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

mahlemiut wrote:Because easier modes, as a general rule, will give less points than a harder mode. How about we split Twinkle Star Sprites for each of the eight difficulty levels, huh?
Yeah, I know easier modes give less points than harder ones, which brings up the point: WHY BOTHER WITH THE EASIER MODES AT ALL, FOLKS?
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

MDenham wrote:Yeah, I know easier modes give less points than harder ones, which brings up the point: WHY BOTHER WITH THE EASIER MODES AT ALL, FOLKS?
I've always said since day one that we should have only ONE definitive version for each game regardless of skill level, clone variations, secret entries and powerups, etc, etc, etc.

However, it seems that most people at MARP want lots and lots of clones and splits to count towards the leaderboard standings. Alas, topic for another time...
seymour
Site Admin

Post by seymour »

***PL*** wrote:However, it seems that most people at MARP want lots and lots of clones and splits to count towards the leaderboard standings. Alas, topic for another time...
I agree - people are getting too crazy with wanting splits, when there isn't really any justification for one. I still don't understand why people care about the leaderboard. It doesn't really say much, since you could probably get high up on there easily by alphabet uploading (and giving #marp a laugh in the process). I usually just submit scores for games that I like playing, and don't do too horribly at. Sometimes you get a little bit of competition on it, which is pretty fun. Until the other person kicks my ass ;)

Which reminds me - I need to get around to playing pang3-beg, now that it's split again. I had fun trying to squeeze every extra point out of that mode.
Chris Gushue
MARP IRC/Forum Maintainer
http://gushue.net
bmclean
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by bmclean »

Worrying about leaderboard position is about as weak as it gets. Not only does it actually proclaim skill due to the possibility of alphabet uploading, it's for a (relatively) obscure site. What are you going to do, tell the chicks at the bar how you're #32 in the world at MARP? Come on.

As for MDenham whining about why people play on easy mode... Even I don't believe you're that dense. Wasting you on Practice mode just makes the humiliation more complete. I'd do it too if I had the skill, but since I'm no Puyo Puyo player I can only laugh. :P
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by MDenham »

bmclean wrote:As for MDenham whining about why people play on easy mode... Even I don't believe you're that dense. Wasting you on Practice mode just makes the humiliation more complete. I'd do it too if I had the skill, but since I'm no Puyo Puyo player I can only laugh. :P
...right, come back to me when Hisa pulls something like this on a game you've played and actually think you're good at. (I *know* I suck at Puyo Puyo. I play it for fun.)