Pop'n'Pop Split

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Should Pop'n'Pop be split according to difficulty level?

Poll ended at Mon Aug 12, 2002 10:41 am

Yes, Make split for Hard difficulty and for Easy Vs
100%
No, No splits required for difficulty levels
No votes
Other reply (see comments)
No votes

Total votes: 2

kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Pop'n'Pop Split

Post by kranser »

"Pop'n'Pop Stage" & "Pop'n'Pop Vs" games have different difficulty levels (Easy, Normal & Hard).

The Easy option in the Stage game only plays 5 levels - so that doesn't need to be split, but the Easy in the Vs. game allows you to play most of the game, and is easier than the Normal difficulty.

The Hard difficulty option in all games adds additional balloons to each level, and therefore makes the gameplay more difficult. I think that the Hard & mode should be made a split. Note: No-one has submitted a recording for difficulty=Hard yet.

The Easy Vs. Option should also be made a split.

Please vote and/or reply with comments.

Regards,
kranser.
Last edited by kranser on Mon Aug 05, 2002 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

Can you elaborate more about the Easy mode in single player? If the levels are DIFFERENT than from normal and hard, it should probably be split too.
-roncli
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Reply to Roncli

Post by kranser »

Ok,

The Easy difficulty in the "Pop'n'Pop Puzzle/Stage" game only allows the player to play 5 rounds. before Game Over. I thought that as a score on this level can easily be beaten by a Normal difficulty recording, then no split is needed. Although this would mean no Stage/Puzzle mode Easy difficulty recordings in MARP.

The Easy difficulty in the "Pop'n'Pop Vs. Computer" game , as far as I can tell, allows the same stages as the normal level of difficulty - only easier - so I don't think recordings in this mode should be allowed (or they should be split). However, I don't think any recordings have been made at this difficulty yet!

The Hard difficulty (as I've said) gives simular levels/stages, only more difficult, as more balloons are added, and each round's screen layout would show a more complex configuration of balloons. This should definitely be split, IMO!

Hope this helps, please let me know if you need more info.
Kranser.
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Corrected Poll Number of days

Post by kranser »

Corrected Poll Number of days from 15 to 7 [as per the Rule regulations]

Kranser.
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

Sorry, it didn't...

What I want to know if the 5 LEVELS in the Easy single player game are the SAME as 5 of the levels from the Normal single player game.
-roncli
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Pop'n'Pop Puzzle Beginner mode

Post by kranser »

Roncli, it is the same layout, but the Beginner mode has on screen instructions, and the number of balloons you need to deal with has been vastly reduced.

I'm not sure if you'd call it the same or not as the number of balloons to pop (the object of each level) varies according to difficulty level. Though, the emenies remain the same (as far as I know).

Regards,
Kranser.
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

No Split

Post by kranser »

As per *PL*'s comment, voting for the split in difficulty levels is now closed. No split will take place :(

As there are a vastly reduced number of balloons in easy mode, I feel that it wouldn't be fair to allow recordings in this mode. It also looks like we won't be seeing any recordings made using the Hard difficulty - oh well!

I will open a new POLL to disallow the Easy/Beginner mode recordings on all Pop'n'Pop games. As far as I kmow, no recordings have been made in beginner mode, so it should be easy to disallow it in the rules now.

Regards,
Kranser.
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Action

Post by kranser »

Well, I guess voting has closed on this now.

From my other poll, is seems that disallowing 'Easy Mode' recordings was not popular. I guess the splitting option has gained the 2/3 of the public vote.

Pat [***PL***], can you take this from here and decide whether we need to split (is 2 votes enough of public vote!) or whether no change is to be made.

Thanks and regards,
Kranser.
MDenham
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Re: Action

Post by MDenham »

kranser wrote:Well, I guess voting has closed on this now.

From my other poll, is seems that disallowing 'Easy Mode' recordings was not popular. I guess the splitting option has gained the 2/3 of the public vote.

Pat [***PL***], can you take this from here and decide whether we need to split (is 2 votes enough of public vote!) or whether no change is to be made.

Thanks and regards,
Kranser.
If there aren't any complaints about my trying to introduce any sort of parliamentary procedure into this, I move that the vote be restarted instead.
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

Well, that might not be a bad idea, seeing that I took ***PL***'s comment serously, and posted a reply saying that I would stop the public vote. All PL was doing was giving his opinion - not wanting to stop the public vote.

Regards,
Kranser.
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

I second MD.
-roncli