10%
Round down.
10%

Total votes: 10

Frankie
Editor

Golden Axe poll.

Post by Frankie »

Together with Storm (kfx) I'm going through all the Golden Axe recordings, as some of them use the final score for the leaderboard, instead of the final strength which is a better and more fair way to score this game. As all the topscores and many of the newer scores uses the final strength score, I guess it was decided somewhere on the old board to use this. When this poll is over, I'll update all the scores according to the new rule and make a Special Rules link, so that no one can have any doubts how to score this game in the future.

However, the strength sometimes gives an ending score with one decimal and I don't think its ever been decided what to do about that.

There are 3 possibilities:

1. Strength x 100 to get rid of the decimal.
2. Round up and give the player a half point he didn't earn.
3. Round down and take a half point the player earned.

Somehow the first one sounds as the best and most fair way to do it, but that's all up to you guys :)

This poll will run for 7 days.
Frankie
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I tend to think that he final score is what should be posted, rather than the strength score. After all, I'm pretty sure that's what used for the game's high score (if I remember, it's shown during the deemo mode). And any scoring system that takes into account the number of lives lost is rather silly.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

mahlemiut wrote:I tend to think that he final score is what should be posted, rather than the strength score. After all, I'm pretty sure that's what used for the game's high score (if I remember, it's shown during the deemo mode). And any scoring system that takes into account the number of lives lost is rather silly.
You might be right, but as the newest and highest scores are all scored by Strength, I thought that this had been agreed in an poll on the old board.

All I could find about this was this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=7678&highlight=%2Agolden+axe

Was there ever a poll to find out how to score this game, or why did players start using strength as the score for the leaderboard, anyone?
Frankie
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

no, that was the only thread i remember, nothing was polled until now.
-skito
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Another poll have been started to find out how to score this game, but please keep on voting in this poll aswell, in case we decide to score Golden Axe by the final Strength.

If its possible that the final score also can come up with a decimal, we can use the result of this poll in that case aswell.
Frankie
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

As it only goes to one decimal place, strength OR score x10 should be enough really.
- Barry Rodewald
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

mahlemiut wrote:As it only goes to one decimal place, strength OR score x10 should be enough really.
Yes, that might be better. So, x10 everyone.
Frankie
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Tax rounding rounding

Post by kranser »

Or how about using traditional rounding method. I.e. if .4 or less then round down, if .5 or above then round up!

Kranser.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I think it's only ever .0 or .5 in the first place, anyone confirm that?
- Barry Rodewald
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

mahlemiut wrote:I think it's only ever .0 or .5 in the first place, anyone confirm that?
This recording ends with a strength of 127.3:

http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/ra_goldn ... mame60.zip

Don't know about the final score.
Frankie