Flicky Problems

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

battlehound
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Flicky Problems

Post by battlehound »

Just found this site and its excellent-I hope someone on here can help me with a couple of q's-firstly is it possible to play back an INP file done in mame (dos) in mame32? I have tried to playback the top Flicky score listed on this site but It got stuck in a loop on soundtest.

The reason I wanted to have a look at the inp files, I like to play this game and on level 10, and 18 I always get an extra bonus (10k and 50k respectively) for finishing the level with all chicks and not getting chicks touched by one of the cats-now I must have played level 26 and 34 hundreds of times, yet have only received the end of level bonus ONCE on each level! on Level 26 I got a 100k bonus and level 34 I got a 500k bonus, but have not been able to replicate this despite finishing it without being touched, doing different routes/times etc many many times-the game works perfectly well in mame32 and I dont believe is a mame32 problem...any advice?? :?
Battlehound
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Flicky Problems

Post by mahlemiut »

battlehound wrote:Just found this site and its excellent-I hope someone on here can help me with a couple of q's-firstly is it possible to play back an INP file done in mame (dos) in mame32? I have tried to playback the top Flicky score listed on this site but It got stuck in a loop on soundtest.
As a general rule, you can use either DOS MAME and MAME32, but I think Flicky is one of the exceptions. Either that or it require frameskip 0. Not sure there. :) You should also note that you will need to use the same version to playback to that which it was recorded on (ie: if it was recorded on 0.33, then you need to play it back on 0.33). If you need an older version, either use the "get MAME" link under the INP download, or get an old version from mame.net.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

it looks as if you'll need an "old" rom version as well, i tried to playback lord gaz's and got a rom missing error, which usually means current flicky roms won't work for playing back old flicky recordings... you can get old roms at http://www.mame.dk if it still exists.

m37b16.exe flicky2 -playback inptmp -volume -22 -soundcard 0
Playing back previously recorded game flicky2 (Flicky (set 2)) [press return]

epr6001 NOT FOUND
epr6000 NOT FOUND
epr5999 NOT FOUND
ERROR: required files are missing, the game cannot be run.
-skito
battlehound
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Flicky Problems

Post by battlehound »

I have managed to play back the inp file using mame32 0.37b16, same version as it was played in, but to make it work I needed to download the newer flicky2 rom, which then worked fine! :lol:
Battlehound