DEE DEE ARR VIDEOS

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

BBH
Editor

DEE DEE ARR VIDEOS

Post by BBH »

figured I may as well post this. today some videos were uploaded from a DDR tournament in Austin that I went to. my Stomp to My Beat "routine" was pretty pathetic though. :roll:

http://users2.ev1.net/~mfourroux/shodow ... index.html

my vid is a whopping 17.5 megs for some reason too, so... yeah. also, if none of the videos work there, you might have to DL the latest version of DivX.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Thanks, nice videos, my favourites were 3,13 and 9 :-)

Did you get highscore, or was it only for "style points"? The winner was smiling at backround, but I think it was because he liked it...
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

The TJT wrote:Thanks, nice videos, my favourites were 3,13 and 9 :-)

Did you get highscore, or was it only for "style points"? The winner was smiling at backround, but I think it was because he liked it...
that was the Freestyle portion of the tournament. The purpose is to make your playing look good and/or original. Every performance was graded by four judges on style, crowd reaction, and screen reliance (which was the only thing I did good on since I had the steps for the song memorized).

Of course there was a technical part of the tournament too, Perfect Attack... but I got eliminated quicker than I thought I would there. PA is what more people enter since playing technical is what most people do anyway... there's a very low number of freestylers in Texas (I don't consider myself one of them either). PA took up most of the day too.

more rules from the tourney here:

http://ddr.0catch.com/tourney.htm
gameguru
Button Masher
Button Masher

WOW

Post by gameguru »

Nice footwork Man!!!!!

Very impressive!

GG
:D
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

yeah you seemed like the only one who was hiting the combos, and you did it backwards and blind, amazin ragein :)
-skito
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

actually I missed a lot of steps on the song, I froze up and forgot a lot of sections. But I still hit enough to actually pass the song, which is more than I can say for some people... there were about 3 or 4 people that failed their freestyle routines. (but then again, 3rd Mix machines are notoriously difficult... they grade harsher for Misses than any other arcade mix)

Pretty much the only thing I was happy about was doing the song on Mirror and facing the crowd for nearly the entire song... a lot of other people had to look at the screen quite a bit. Unfortunately, my utter lack of style (I'm a white boy, after all) was my downfall... I don't even know what I'm doing with my hands most of the time, and I was always looking at the ground... something I didn't even realize until I watched the vid. Maybe I'm just too hard on myself...
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

You showed some real nice moves there BBH, it takes a lot of courage to get up there, you did it well. Thanks for the links.
INNUENDO
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by INNUENDO »

I´ve liked too much. I didn´t saw the other videos, but see BBH was the enough. Duel of kings. :o
Long life to good games