Dangun Feveron - time attack

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Dangun Feveron - time attack

Post by DRN »

I have a couple of questions about this. First off playing back JVL's recording he has a score of about 1,800,000 advertised but watching it back it gives a score of about 46,000. Am I missing something obvious or being stupid (or both).
Also how do you get Kitty? He's cool! :lol:
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Try playing it back without sound, delete your NVRAM folder, and delete the .hi and .cfg for the game in the folders. Make sure you are using MAME (not DOS or MAME32). To get kitty, after putting in a credit, press down up right left up down left right, then press start. Or if you want time attack, then hold AB and press start. You will have the kitty, he has no bombs, but you can change his shooting type to A, B, or C with using button two. He is very fast. :) I hope this helps.
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Thanks JoeyL! The thing is I'm sure it's playing back fine. I make sure theres no nvram etc. It plays all the way through and thats the score, about 46,000. When I play I get around the same score too! Perhaps I'm going round the bend and not reading it right or something, lol.
Thanks for the info on getting Kitty by the way.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

hmm. No clue why it won't playback correctly. :/ Your welcome for the kitty info. Learn to play with him...he is very good.
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

It is mighty strange. Thats why I didnt post this in the playbackability section. When playing it myself I never score even close to 100,000 never mind 1,000,000+. Same with other peoples inps I playback. Who knows?? :?
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Mahlemiut, Skito (chad), and Gameboy9 have all been able to playback my recordings, so, who knows. :( To get a higher score, make sure you get ALL the disco men you can, without letting any go off the screen. Are you using MAME .59 to playback to recordings?
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

It plays back perfectly fine for me with no NVRAM, no sound, on MAME 0.59.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

just for fun i tried deleting hisore.dat and it still played back ok. playsback fine with no nvram and turning sound off with -nosound (for mamew) or -soundcard 0 for dos mame, or do the gui thing to turn off sound with mame32, and it should be ok. let us know if you still can't get it to be palyed back (yeah gb this belongs in playbackability is there a move item from group to group?)
-skito
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Well thats why I posted it here, because I don't think it is a playbackability issue. I just saying that I think my scoring is screwed somehow.
I just played it through myself and scored this

This wasnt recorded, played back or anything. It's just taken after a game I played 5 minutes ago. I cant even get close to 500,000 and thats shooting everything I could see! :(
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Wait a second....I'm confused now....do you mean when YOU play you cannot achieve a high score.....or do you mean when YOU WATCH my recording it doesn't playback to 1.8Million+? Also, submit a recording of dfeveron (time attack) to MARP, I want to see what you are doing, I can give you some tips to help you score higher. :)
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

I mean both. Thats the kind of scores I get, from recordings and just playing normal. By all means I will do a recording so you can see.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

likey joey said "shooting" everything is not everything, it's gathering the disco dancers, the dancers for money, that bring in the bico points.
-skito
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Dude, the game is insane on Time Attack, to get points....you have to "push" the points out of it. :) I know the most possible is from 2.1-2.2M if I am not mistaken. Yea, as Chad repeated what I had said, it is impossible to get a good score without getting all the disco guys. Shooting all you can does get important when you max out the disco guys, though. You still will want to collect the disco guys at that point....I'll end up making something for Crash's Tips site.
DRN
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DRN »

Ok, Ive got it sussed now, I feel a bit stupid :oops:
The recordings were losing sync without me realising (playing back with no sound is fine) and I havent been getting nearly enough disco guys when playing myself. Thats what you get for trying to use a computer at 2am! :wink:
Thanks for your help guys and sorry for wasting your time.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Your welcome. Believe me, it is not a waste of time, we are here to help, and I believe the others feel that way also.