Hyper Street Fighter 2 The Anniversary Edition (Asia 040202)

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

madmalk
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Hyper Street Fighter 2 The Anniversary Edition (Asia 040202)

Post by madmalk »

Who thinks it would be a good idea to split this game into the 5 different charecter sets?

SUPERT
SUPER
TURBO
CHAMP
NORMAL

As the scoring for each type is different and SUPERT has a major advantge with the scoring of the supper combos.

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but I think it would be a good idea :roll:
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Just to clarify it a bit - the option allows for you to select characters based from one of the previous SF2 games.
NORMAL = Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
CHAMP = Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
TURBO = Street Fighter II Turbo / Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
SUPER = Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers
SUPERT = Super Street Fighter II X: Grand Master Challenge / Super Street Fighter II Turbo

You can then only choose characters that were selectable from that original game. The character will then look and play as they did in the selected game. Opponents will always use SUPERT.

And yes, super combos will skew the score towards using SUPERT mode, for sure. But I see no real reason for the other modes to be split as their scoring shouldn't be too different.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
madmalk
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by madmalk »

Yes that's exactly what I meant maybe it would be better to have it split into 3 with TORBO CHAMP and SUPER all in 1 group then NORMAL/SUPERT on there own. Because NORMAL has a disadvantage with the lack of combos and it being harder to do certin moves i.e Chun Li's lighting kick???????