France vs. Italy Challenge - Rules and Leaderboard

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

GHEMANT wrote:I use always bios MVS Japan 3 in all my replay because I play in Japanese system only.

but japanese system in 95% of neo geo games is the same of the default bios.

Top hunter and pulstar is the same games in japan/usa system.

other settings are default (number of lives, difficulty, time etc.)
Do remember that the controls vary across the regions in Neo Drift Out. Mostly cornering is a fair bit easier using a US BIOS, and I think the japanese BIOS will differ too. Also remember that you can see what BIOS is used using wlfview.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

no problem. Tomorrow I send a new replay with bios MVS europe 2
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

pulstar is remake now

this night I work on top hunter
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

sawys wrote:JUDGES :

- 2 judges are designed for this challenge : responsibility of the judge is to prevent conflict between players if they are suspected of leeching or are in disagree on a game.
JUDGES ARE : VALTER TRB AND DESTRUCTOR
Hehe, interesting. Where I say that I want to be judge? :D
Guys, I totally don't have time for watching inps. I will try to prevent conflicts (as sawys wrote), we will see what I can do.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

destructor wrote:
sawys wrote:JUDGES :

- 2 judges are designed for this challenge : responsibility of the judge is to prevent conflict between players if they are suspected of leeching or are in disagree on a game.
JUDGES ARE : VALTER TRB AND DESTRUCTOR
Hehe, interesting. Where I say that I want to be judge? :D
Guys, I totally don't have time for watching inps. I will try to prevent conflicts (as sawys wrote), we will see what I can do.
OOOPS, i may be wrong because of a post of valter :lol:
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Some uploads haven't been registered in recent uploads so pay attention
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Marco Marocco wrote:Some uploads haven't been registered in recent uploads so pay attention
What uploads ?
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

my kickle cubickle of 600.000 pts
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Also my kickle and elevator's action inps
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Your submissions have been entered here if i'm correct :
http://marp.retrogames.com/upload.htm

02 Feb 06 13:29 GEMANT@TeamItaly kikcubic Meikyu Jima (Japan) wolf103 625300 (21st)
France vs Italy challenge
02 Feb 06 15:55 MarcoMarocco kikcubic Meikyu Jima (Japan) wolf103 746950 (21st)
FRANCE VS ITALY CHALLENGE
02 Feb 06 16:31 MarcoMarocco elevator Elevator Action wolf103 14900 (24th)
FRANCE VS ITALY CHALLENGE
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

The main uploads page only lists scores ranked 20th or better by default.

At the bottom of the uploads page, change "Worst position to show" to whatever you want, click "Set as default", then click "Do it"
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

hey guys, I would strongly discourage using the newest version of WolfMAME for this competition. The reason being that there is some weird bug that popped up in MAME Plus around version 0.102, and has been affecting various Neo-Geo games. It's like the old 0.63 bug - people seem to be split into two sets, and anyone in the same set as you can playback your inp, but people in the other set can't. We still haven't been able to figure out what exactly is causing this bug, and whether or not there's any way around it.

I mention this because Pulstar seems to be one of the games affected by the bug now. I tried to watch Gemant's inp but couldn't, whereas someone in the other set apparently can (and yes, I made sure the bios was correct). I think 0.101 or anything earlier than that is a better bet than 0.102 or 0.103.

(off-topic - you can bet that 0.102/0.103 will NOT be used for the Knockout tourney because of all this. so hold on to those older versions.)
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

For the second day France is first. But Gemant make great inps on Pulstar, Charlie Ninja and Top Hunter. Newabo for italy and JYD and Red Star for France haven't send any inp yet.

Wonder
Attachments
France vs Italy Challenge J2.zip
(5.54 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

BBH wrote: I mention this because Pulstar seems to be one of the games affected by the bug now. I tried to watch Gemant's inp but couldn't, whereas someone in the other set apparently can (and yes, I made sure the bios was correct). I think 0.101 or anything earlier than that is a better bet than 0.102 or 0.103.
I try to watch my pulstar inp and I see correctly.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

GHEMANT wrote:
BBH wrote: I mention this because Pulstar seems to be one of the games affected by the bug now. I tried to watch Gemant's inp but couldn't, whereas someone in the other set apparently can (and yes, I made sure the bios was correct). I think 0.101 or anything earlier than that is a better bet than 0.102 or 0.103.
I try to watch my pulstar inp and I see correctly.
that's what I mean. Your recording will play back for you and anyone else in the same "set" as you, but I can't get it to work no matter what. This bug doesn't exist in 0.101 and earlier.

EDIT: uhhhh... okay, nevermind what I wrote before. The problem was figured out by NotMan tonight, it was the presence of a memory card file in the memcard directory that was screwing recordings up. So everyone just make sure that you don't have any memcard.000 files in that directory. (don't worry Gemant, you didn't do anything wrong)