Lupin III

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Lupin III

Post by Dax »

I ran across Lupin III the other day while idly surfing through the mountain of games Ive yet to play.

Does anyone else out there watch the "adult swim" programming on cartoon network? Lots of anime on. There's one show late at night called Lupin the 3rd. Basically its anime although it does look a little dated. The animation is crude and the sound is all dubbed over. It basically portrays three thieves who are constantly pulling off these great capers while avoiding the quinticential bumbling cop. Really great show if you're into anime. Funny as hell. But very adult themed. Most likely Japanese made.

Anyway...I played the game and discovered it was made in 1980 by Taito. The game is horrible but shares a few of the same qualities as the cartoon. Sort of... Both are japanese. Basically you move bags of money from the top of the screen to your storage at the bottom while avoiding some stickmen and what looks like a rat. (Or maybe its a landshark from an episode of Lupin the 3rd).

Was wondering if these two titles are related? Was the game made and based on this show? Can anyone verify this? I honestly didn't think the show predated 1980 especially with some of the lude adult situations in it. Although maybe adult oriented cartoons were more accepted in Japan in the 70's and 80's.
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Re: Lupin III

Post by Novice »

Dax wrote: Was wondering if these two titles are related? Was the game made and based on this show? Can anyone verify this? I honestly didn't think the show predated 1980 especially with some of the lude adult situations in it. Although maybe adult oriented cartoons were more accepted in Japan in the 70's and 80's.
YES.
the lupin animation was released at 1969-1970, 1977-1980.
the computers are not so good at that time.
but both 2 are related.Is it OK?

My wife own all LUPIN the 3rd stories.
If you have opportunity to see those tittle, you should see !!

POOR 1<< >> 7 GOOD(as usual)
LEVEL=7
The carigostero castle. :!: :!:

no LEVEL 6

LEVEL=5
#155 Saraba itoshiki lupin!
#145 Si no tsubasa albatross
#50-51 watasi ga ai sita lupin

LEVEL=4
#8 venetian cho tokkyuu
#11 monaco GP ni kakero
#58 kokkyou ha wakare no kao
#151 lupin taiho high-way sakusen

LEVEL=3
so many tittles.

especially, carigostero castle is one of the best animation of all history I think.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

hey, don't forget the laser disc game (available emulated by Daphne) called Cliff Hanger! which is a dragon's lair type game but with the true to life Lupin anime. very cool game.
-skito