Cicca: Mustache Boy

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Frankie
Editor

Cicca: Mustache Boy

Post by Frankie »

Another game that seems to have changed since the last release.

Cicca: You said you loved this game, could you please confirm that the game is not running normally under .70?

It seems the one-eyed alien runs a lot faster, which makes the game more difficult, in the .71 release.

No wonder I got so far into the game :)

So maybe this game should also have a Special Rule, saying it must be played on .71.
Frankie
Cicca
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Cicca »

Frankie, thanks for pointing out this.
I did not noticed such difference, since I did not played Mustache Boy that long on .70 (the wrong colors doesn't help with baloons :? ).
Actually, not only the one-eyed monster runs faster, but almost every monster....
So I checked on the MAME main screen (when it shows some game tech details), and the Z80 CPU Speed has changed: it was 3.000000 MHz in .70, it's 4.608000 MHz in .71. And that's makes a big difference.
Therefore, I definitely agree with you in setting a speciale rule for this game, excluding ver .70 (you gonna miss your 1th place....but it would have been a matter of days anyway... :lol: :mrgreen:

Thanks.
Cicca
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

Thank you Cicca. I'll set up the Special Rule for the game, and look forward to what you upload.
Frankie