Missing files in 6 roms

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Missing files in 6 roms

Post by Phil Lamat »

A ".chd" file is missing in 6 roms we can found on mame.dk (area51/maxforce/vcircle/wargods/kinst/kinst2)

Anyone has these files ? and can send them to me ?
kfx
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by kfx »

You can download them from mame.dk, but they are very big the largest one is over 1 GB.
storm

cpu : P4 3gzh
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Actually the largest is Area 51 / Maximum Force Duo. Not yet in MAME, but it's like 3.2GB.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

mahlemiut wrote:Actually the largest is Area 51 / Maximum Force Duo. Not yet in MAME, but it's like 3.2GB.

3.2 gb? I thought it was like 1.7 gb... or so I am gathering from a post on Mame.Net that referred to an MD5 scanning...

I must profess.. I wanna see these secret rooms though... mind you.. reminds me I still must beat Area 51 w/all secrets

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Yes, you're right. The chd for Maximum Force Duo is 1.7GB. The actual size of the HD is 3.2GB. I posted that before I saw the WIP update post.
- Barry Rodewald
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

mahlemiut wrote:Yes, you're right. The chd for Maximum Force Duo is 1.7GB. The actual size of the HD is 3.2GB. I posted that before I saw the WIP update post.
Scary realization though... even at 1.7Gb... [shudders] I almost expect to see a 5Gb CHD pop up sooner or later

Kelly
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

These are also available from EmuChina. They are very large. Anyone know how to install these once aquired. I downloaded the smallest one(wargods about 65 MB) I tried adding them to the appropriate rom file but when audited still says its missing chd file. :?:
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Dax wrote:These are also available from EmuChina. They are very large. Anyone know how to install these once aquired. I downloaded the smallest one(wargods about 65 MB) I tried adding them to the appropriate rom file but when audited still says its missing chd file. :?:
Now.. you did make a seperate dir in your mame dir for the chd... did you not?

It should be something like

D:\MAME\roms\WarGods\WarGods.CHD

the chd's require to be put into their own subdirectories in the roms directory.

Kelly
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Thanks for info ...
I've noticed that with m62, this games like area51 were playable even without the chd file

If a Mame team member read this, it would be great to make them playable like before because a lot of us can't afford to put Giga files on HD

Another thing which is worst with m64 (I've noticed when I tried to view BBH's safari input) is that in dos you've know to type the name of the game for playback
("mame SAFARI -playback safari" instead of "mame -playback safari")
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Thanks Kelly, you rock.

Id also like to thank all you marpers for all the info guys have provided me. This is one of the friendliest, fast responding, and willingness to help community Ive been a part of. Keep up the great work guys. :wink: :D
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Phil Lamat wrote:Thanks for info ...
I've noticed that with m62, this games like area51 were playable even without the chd file

If a Mame team member read this, it would be great to make them playable like before because a lot of us can't afford to put Giga files on HD
Ehhr? The chd is the Hard disc image of the game. How can the game be playable without it?
QRS
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Hey, we tried to play Us vs. Them in T1 without the laserdisk image. :)
- Barry Rodewald
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Phil Lamat wrote:Thanks for info ...
Another thing which is worst with m64 (I've noticed when I tried to view BBH's safari input) is that in dos you've know to type the name of the game for playback
("mame SAFARI -playback safari" instead of "mame -playback safari")

You know,... I realized that with BBH's Pirates recording... it took me off guard... I wonder when that was implemented?

Kelly
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Dax wrote:Thanks Kelly, you rock.

Id also like to thank all you marpers for all the info guys have provided me. This is one of the friendliest, fast responding, and willingness to help community Ive been a part of. Keep up the great work guys. :wink: :D

You're welcome :) Remember, always ask here first :) We love you :) Unlike if you asked on Mame.Net's forum... that could turn into another 50 post flame war... [sigh]

Kelly
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

mahlemiut wrote:Hey, we tried to play Us vs. Them in T1 without the laserdisk image. :)

Hmm... maybe we should hack Dragon's Lair into MAME and play it without the video, audio only :) NOW THAT would be a challenge... and of course Anders would come along and somehow beat the game... even without the video....

Kelly

[Who now wants to see Us vs. Them being played]