Arian Mission from Edusword

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

edusword
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: Arian Mission from Edusword

Post by edusword »

I really don't understand what's the problem in my INP. The warps are completely ramdom. The game is like that, I didn't use any special strategy apart from the deliberately deaths in the first boss. The main set (aso) MARP récord INP uses the same strategy, several warps included, and the INP was validated without any problem. He uses MAME win37b14 (no WolfMAME). What about rule 3b of MARP? He takes 1st place, and the INP hasn't been zeroed. Only warnings, but anything else. The second place of "aso" is the same case.

Sorry, but I don't understand it...
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

A 3M inp from 2009 has been deleted because of rule3b, but the previous one (2.2M) hasn't been erased because it has been submitted before rule3b exists.
Concerning the technic, I will watch later this week, but from what I've readen, I don't see problem if it's random. I just need some testing
Last edited by Phil Lamat on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
edusword
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by edusword »

Thank you for your explanations! ;)
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Ok, I've watched the game, there are 2 issues :
1- warps with R item : as long as nobody can't prove it's not random (and can be done infinitely) I think it's ok
2- suicides vs boss of stage 1 : I'm not very found of this part ; edusword's input starts with 4 or 5 suicides, winning around 50k each time ; default dipswitch for bonus lifes is "50k 100k 100k+", so as Chad mentioned it looks like it can't be done infinitely ; but inp isn't very fun to watch

Maybe we can discuss some rule to reduce that ?
maybe bonus life dipswitch = "50k 100k" only ?
maybe adding a bonus like 1M x area reached (area 5 for Edusword's inp) ?

If then, of course, we will adjust scores (including the 2M scores on aso).
But of course we can also let things like that as there is no infinite leeching case.
Waiting for opinions (and, if needed, vote)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

It doesn't appear that you can get more than 50k per man on an average basis. The warps do appear more at random than I thought. Both of these indicate you can leech for a seriously long time but not forever.
-skito
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Chad wrote: Both of these indicate you can leech for a seriously long time but not forever.
I have the same analysis than you.
I guess we just have to blame the programers of this game :?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

It doesn't mean you can't just decide (propose vote) to make one clone a 3 or 5 lives only score listing. Then those who wish to demonstrate skill can use that 3/5 scoring method and those who wish to demonstrate marathon skills can demonstrate there.
-skito
empardopo
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by empardopo »

This is the same that if I say that I have seen some KungFu Master games in which the player spent all the time until losing a life! Is it illegal?
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I think from what Phil said (please correct me if i'm wrong) the recording is legal but certainly bending the "progress" rule a little and the recording will stand until all of the community votes one of the clones to use a certain number of lives Only. Similar to what we've done with Ghosts N' Goblins but there we restricted all the clones, there the leeching can be done infinitively, but here it can't although it can be stretched pretty far but since it's not infinitive, the recordings are valid until there is a popular vote saying other wise.
-skito