MAME 0.60 is out

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

MAME 0.60 is out

Post by Kale »

For now just the source:

http://www.mame.net/zips/mame60s.zip

The great thing is:
the neo-geo fix that i've done about playback/record issue is into 0.60!!!!:)
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: MAME 0.60 is out

Post by mahlemiut »

Kale wrote:The great thing is:
W00t! :D

I'm compiling it myself now, although I do believe that the binaries are out now too.

BBH: There's a Pengo bootleg that's been added for you to hump more walls in. :wink:

I won't have time to compile MAME this morning, so I'll have to wait until I finish work to makes some Super Gem Fighter (and Night Warriors too) inps. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Re: MAME 0.60 is out

Post by Chad »

Kale wrote:For now just the source:

http://www.mame.net/zips/mame60s.zip

The great thing is:

FYI, preliminary tests with the new patch, suggests the cfg files also need to be "escaped" from the random seed. I.e. random neogeo games that would not playback before still look at the cfg file for seeding information (i.e. you must have the cfg file that existed prior to recording as nvrams work.) So in the short term, more testing is required.

So, be warry recording breakers and flipshot recordings unless you are sure they work with any game.cfg file (including a missing one) and include that game.cfg in the inp.zip you submit. But, the end result is if you do have the right game.cfg file you can record and playback games that were previously making broken inps, which is good news.
-skito
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

I've made several tests on Neogeo games(which includes Breakers and Flipshot)and they didn't lost sync for all the way.But you are right when you say that more tests are needed,mainly for being sure...

As for the things on this release;man,I want to see QRS face when he see that Kikikaikai is finally working;)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

I saw something on the MAME WIP page about certain speedups being made to the Psikyo SH-2 games... are those any faster? I won't be able to test any of this stuff until I get home from work.

/me crosses fingers
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Kale, you'll notice that the recordings don't playback if you remove the respective flipshot.cfg and breakers.cfg files before playing back... at least that's what i was getting, if this isn't happening for you please let me know. Yeah as long as you have the cfg files there they work great i'm affraid if seed information is coming from the cfgs or the existance that there is still a problem lurking.
-skito
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Yes, Psikyo SH-2 games are a bit faster, plus they now have working backgrounds. Really not enough of an increase in speed to help you though, BBH. :(
- Barry Rodewald
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

mahlemiut wrote:Yes, Psikyo SH-2 games are a bit faster, plus they now have working backgrounds. Really not enough of an increase in speed to help you though, BBH. :(
Strikers 1945 II would start out at a playable speed, but as the screen filled up with enemy sprites it got slower and slower.... and then explosions brought it to almost a complete standstill. Any speed increase is good news though, I will give it a shot, although I'm not that optimistic...
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

They're slower than the last release, the speed up was in comparison to the previous development build which was very slow, not the previous public release which was faster due to all the missing graphics.

Not much I can do about the speed now really.
QRS
Editor

Re

Post by QRS »

WOW! Kikikaiki works!?!! Time to download the roms then :)
QRS
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Haze wrote:They're slower than the last release, the speed up was in comparison to the previous development build which was very slow, not the previous public release which was faster due to all the missing graphics.

Not much I can do about the speed now really.
....Damn :(

Nothing I can do until an upgrade either I guess
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Haze wrote:They're slower than the last release, the speed up was in comparison to the previous development build which was very slow, not the previous public release which was faster due to all the missing graphics.
You sure about that? I'd swear that Strikers 1945 II and Space Bomber are ever so slightly faster... They certainly don't go to as high a frameskip as before. Then again, I did enable the background graphics for some reason on s1945ii :)
- Barry Rodewald
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Cool ...
We've finally working inputs of breakers-breakrev-flipshot (I love this one)

Does m60 also work for lastbld2?

And is there another games to test ?
Maybe mslug ?
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

i was watching the replays of the varios games I'd added in 0.60 to make sure there were no obvious bugs in them (so thanks guys, you saved me quite a bit of playing) when something caught my eye, not sure if this is the right place to mention this but surely on the replay of 'manybloc' the random continue thing at the point of losing shouldn't be allowed? .. its luck based isn't it? or don't you care about such things, I'm no expert on the rules here, I just write the driver ;)
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Hey, that's what this page was designed for (to help the developers!) and any of us are happy to provide that service since it's just too darn fun to play these games. If you have a request to test a certain part of a game, just ask, and the inp will probably be created shortly.

As for manybloc, i think for general rules as long as you don't have to put in another quarter the game should continue be it luck or otherwise, it still takes skill to continue the game after the luck part is over with. but could be up for discussion.
-skito