Operation Wolf

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Operation Wolf

Post by Haze »

all scores for the original sets that were recorded with anything less than MAME 0.176 should probably be 0'd, the game simply wasn't properly emulated before then.

while the c-chip still isn't emulated the current simulation is much, much more accurate, and the game appears to play properly, prior to that there were serious bugs as the simulation was based on the bootleg.

I notice some scores just got submitted with 0.151, this should be discouraged because it's basically a broken game at that point.

scores for the bootleg (operation bear) are prototype version are still valid regardless of version recorded as they play as the PCBs would (the bootleg has various bugs, but that's how the PCB is, the prototype has worked properly since it was added because it has no protection)
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Operation Wolf

Post by mahlemiut »

Can you expand further on what changes there are to the gameplay?
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

Bryan did a good write-up of it when he improved the protection simulation based on the prototype instead of the bootleg

http://www.bryanmcphail.com/wp/?p=794

basically lots of little game events that simply don't happen with the old simulation code (or in the bootleg on which it was based because they missed them)

These things obviously have some impact on scoring so scores from the correct emulation aren't really comparable to scores from incorrect emulation.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Haze wrote:all scores for the original sets that were recorded with anything less than MAME 0.176 should probably be 0'd, the game simply wasn't properly emulated before then.

while the c-chip still isn't emulated the current simulation is much, much more accurate, and the game appears to play properly, prior to that there were serious bugs as the simulation was based on the bootleg.

I notice some scores just got submitted with 0.151, this should be discouraged because it's basically a broken game at that point.
You mean that BBH took advantage from those bugs in order to make his scores ?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

PP. wrote:You mean that BBH took advantage from those bugs in order to make his scores ?
why am I specifically being singled out here? There are other scores on MARP for those romsets that aren't mine.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote:
PP. wrote:You mean that BBH took advantage from those bugs in order to make his scores ?
why am I specifically being singled out here? There are other scores on MARP for those romsets that aren't mine.
Yes, but only you made 2 million.
So, did you really take advantage from those bugs?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

PP. wrote:
BBH wrote:
Yes, but only you made 2 million.
So, did you really take advantage from those bugs?
Again: why am I specifically being singled out here? Are you not aware that nearly everyone else's recordings were done on earlier versions of MAME too?

Meanwhile, you used wolf151 on opwolfa recording in February 2017. There's no excuse for that.

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/opwolfa

Are you implying that I was intentionally "taking advantage of bugs" when I had no fucking idea the emulation would improve 11 years after I made that recording?
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote:
Again: why am I specifically being singled out here? Are you not aware that nearly everyone else's recordings were done on earlier versions of MAME too?

Meanwhile, you used wolf151 on opwolfa recording in February 2017. There's no excuse for that.

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/opwolfa

Are you implying that I was intentionally "taking advantage of bugs" when I had no fucking idea the emulation would improve 11 years after I made that recording?
I already answered you: because only you made 2 million.

My score is just 435,000.

I do not implying something, did you read this thread and what Haze said? Is he right or wrong?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

The emulation is different, yes. But as of MAME 0.188 the helicopters in the final stage just scroll by super fast which is definitely incorrect behavior, so it's not 100% right now.
PP. wrote:I do not implying something
Yeah, I'm sure you didn't bump this thread because you're mad at me for beating your scores and you think I'm cheating on games because you're too clueless to know how to select the blue plane in Raiden II. You specifically called me out in this thread, not anybody else, just me. Maybe you think if the scores are zeroed and I lose my 1st places on this game you can steal them. Don't worry, I wouldn't let something like that stand :)
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

BBH wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure you didn't bump this thread because you're mad at me for beating your scores and you think I'm cheating on games because you're too clueless to know how to select the blue plane in Raiden II. You specifically called me out in this thread, not anybody else, just me. Maybe you think if the scores are zeroed and I lose my 1st places on this game you can steal them. Don't worry, I wouldn't let something like that stand :)
On the contrary. I' m happy when people run after me like doggies :D
Last year was vaz, simpsons99, tar then saulonpb and now you. With you is funnier because some of the games I force you to spend time with, I don't know them and I' m not going touch again.

I don't believe you' re cheating. Of course suspicions always exist but at least there is the inp file.
I' d like to get blue plane too because I dislike the red colour.
I noticed this op. wolf thread just lately and I only repeat Haze's thoughts, so if you have arguments you should address to Haze.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

PP. wrote:
On the contrary. I' m happy when people run after me like doggies :D
Your precious 140 1st places :roll:

PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

...forgot to add Kale in those doggies.
Kale
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Kale »

Did you learn the word doggies like yesterday? :o

Don't worry, I'm not going to lose time anymore on your unpopular gamerinoes except for a few more laughable PC Engine efforts. :lol:
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

PP. wrote:On the contrary. I' m happy when people run after me like doggies :D
People crushing some of your pathetic 1st place scores isn't running after you like doggies, it's them making a point about just how crap some of those scores really were and emphasizes again just how much they were simply uploaded as part of your LBW behaviour and not for any other reason, and certainly not because they were are score of which you were truly proud!!
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

BeeJay wrote:
PP. wrote:On the contrary. I' m happy when people run after me like doggies :D
People crushing some of your pathetic 1st place scores isn't running after you like doggies, it's them making a point about just how crap some of those scores really were and emphasizes again just how much they were simply uploaded as part of your LBW behaviour and not for any other reason, and certainly not because they were/are scores of which you were truly proud!!