puzzle madness

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Re: puzzle madness

Post by Phil Lamat »

I've registered, I just can't submit my score.
Tried both with IE & Firefox
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

It looks like the problem for Phil was that signing up for a tournament on the tournament site is a two step process and he only did one of the steps. It's easy to miss the second step.

1) First you have to have an account on the tournament site. You do this with the Login/Register button in the upper right on the page.
2) Second you have to register for the specific Puzzle Madness tournament after logging into the tournament site. Doing the Login/Register in step 1 just creates an account or logs you into your existing account for the general tournament site. After that you still need to go to the particular tournament you want to play in, such as Puzzle Madness, and register for that specific tournament.

If you haven't registered for Puzzle Madness already, you can you still create an account on the site yourself if you need to, but since the Puzzle Madness tournament has already started, you'll need to ask a coordinator to have step 2 done for you manually.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Everything looks fine now, thanks for your help.
I start with pnickies, but I'm rusty on it, so I post my 1st inp there (because lower than my pb on Marp)
Attachments
pnickj=143000_w106.zip
(154 Bytes) Downloaded 364 times
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

EDIT : sorry, wrong inp submission, I will come back with a better score (I hope)
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Congrats to Giro-x who won the tournament !
It was fun (good choices of games), but imho 11 days is too much short (big week of work for me, and only 1 day --the last-- where I was able to play full time)
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

thanks to all the players that played and congrats on giro and nick
here is the puzzle madness feedback form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eykFRG ... 0/viewform
wolfman24
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by wolfman24 »

Phil Lamat wrote:Congrats to Giro-x who won the tournament !
It was fun (good choices of games), but imho 11 days is too much short (big week of work for me, and only 1 day --the last-- where I was able to play full time)
we can always test it out with 2 weeks next time
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

Well done Giro-x!
Congratulations, Puzzle Master =D>
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

wolfman24 wrote: we can always test it out with 2 weeks next time
I'm not sure 4 days more will make a big difference. I would bend on a full month, as puzzle games need a lot of practice to progress consistantly.
For example I think I would have been much better on games such as Neobombe or Logicpr2 if my holidays hadn't started the exact day where the tournament has finished :(
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

One of the reasons we picked a short time frame was that we'd wrapped up the Yolympics tournament just recently which had been a 5-week tournament which a number of people were still exhausted from. So we wanted to try out something shorter with fewer games. We might have been better served making it longer, since as you said, a lot of puzzle games take a while to learn, but that was the rationale.
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

Is 11 days too short? I think 30 minutes are enough for 6 tittles to play.
If you really want to be the MADNESS OF PUZZLE game, 5 years are not enough for a tittle.

(at least normal human like me,I am playing several years for minor couse of minor tittle. but far from madness)

anysome, grat giro-x. the puzzle master.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

Congratulations giro-X!!!
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
colman paolo
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by colman paolo »

Giro-x the best puzzle player!stop!
Golden era rules!
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

Oh guys it's been days I didn't enter to read last stuff. Thank you.
Novice I agree a bit with you, we surely can't take so little time to master a puzzle game. Besides, these quick competitions are first of all an occasion to test new things :)
colman paolo wrote:Giro-x the best puzzle player!stop!
Absolutely not! Don't exaggerate :D
Phil Lamat wrote:For example I think I would have been much better on games such as Neobombe or Logicpr2 if my holidays hadn't started the exact day where the tournament has finished :(
Ouch. :(
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Novice wrote:
Is 11 days too short? I think 30 minutes are enough for 6 tittles to play.
If you really want to be the MADNESS OF PUZZLE game, 5 years are not enough for a tittle.

(at least normal human like me,I am playing several years for minor couse of minor tittle. but far from madness)

anysome, grat giro-x. the puzzle master.
We considered making it a 30 year tournament with 6 games but were concerned half the players would die before we finished, complicating calculating overall scores. Maybe next time.