sf2ce

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

saulonpb2
Button Masher
Button Masher

sf2ce

Post by saulonpb2 »

remove this scores
paulowalmir@brazilteam and snp@team italy
the scores around 1640000 only can be beated stopping computer or programming him.look this inp that i produced.
Attachments
saulo-sf2ce-perfeitotudo-1648012.zip
stopping computer
(76.36 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
The Expert keyboard
saulonpb2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: sf2ce

Post by saulonpb2 »

to the final score 1428012 must be added 220000 due the reduction of 50000 to 30000 in balrog, vega and sagat , 100000 due bison´stage, that result 100000+3*40000=220000
The Expert keyboard
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Of course, you could score massively high scores if you constantly continue/challenge, but that is rather obvious, and of course breaks the one credit rule.

Now, did you watch these INPs you mention, because I know I haven't seen anything of the sort on MARP. If you have, then please point out precisely which INP, and I'll take a look.
And any continue or challenge increases the player's score by 1, as you see in your score, which ends in 12. For any score to be legitimate, it would be ending in 00, as everything else scores a multiple of 100.

Also, you use autofire against an unused 2P player? Wow. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
saulonpb2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by saulonpb2 »

The Expert keyboard
saulonpb2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by saulonpb2 »

the inp that i post is only to show there is a modification hided in paulo and snp inps that became the game easiest from any computer metod, playing agaist 2p player dont change the score system , low punch ==100 points, medium punch= 300 points and continue.
The Expert keyboard
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Ok, I've DQed Paulo's INP, but not for any reason you've given. He had autofire enabled on button 2. A shame, since he never uses button 2 in-game. :( There's also some odd time skew there, too, which will need some investigation.

There is no evidence of anything you're claiming, however. Don't make me check his difficulty DIP setting...
- Barry Rodewald
saulonpb2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by saulonpb2 »

if i have used the easiest level how he can have reached the same score????i´ve stopped the computer the easiest manner of make world records.
The Expert keyboard
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

You've tried watching the INP?
- Barry Rodewald
saulonpb2
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by saulonpb2 »

if ken or ryu launch a fireball he loss time and your score must be lower than the computer remained stopped its too simple. how he can reach the same score 1648000 with no dificult?? maybe programming the computer to do the same easy thing and learning, one other metod to do high scores.
The Expert keyboard
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Are you suggesting he's doing something similar to a TAS (tool-assisted speedrun)? Don't see that happening (manipulating data via the debugger wouldn't work either). Only very recent MAME versions have LUA support, and that's still rather preliminary.

I'll ask again, have you actually watched the INP at all?
- Barry Rodewald