Crap Tournament 6

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Von
Button Masher
Button Masher

Crap Tournament 6

Post by Von »

Aurcade thread: http://aurcade.com/forums/default.aspx? ... =3959#3959

Attention all you talented classic arcade gamers, the announcement has been made for the sixth installment of the annual Crap Tournament. Do not miss this event! It is more fun than I can possibly convey in words, so I'll use emotes... Crap Tournament is :D 8O :D :evil: :P :D

What's a "Crap Tournament"?

The Crap Tournament is a MAME competition where all the titles are selected based on their relative obscurity or overall shittiness. All gameplay is streamed live by all participants, and a regularly updated scoreboard keeps track of all score submissions.

Every year brings in new pure crap and some hidden gems - you'll play some of the worst games ever made, and discover some amazing titles you would never have played without the tournament.

The games are hilarious, but the competition is fierce. Past winners include Justin Kvithyll (X2), John McAllister, Matt Hall, and Ben Falls.

Think you're a true gamer? Come prove it in the Crap arena.

More details will be announced as the start date draws closer.
I'm too sexy for everything.
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: Crap Tournament 6

Post by Haze »

good luck with this, always interesting to see more obscure games picked.

Would be nice if MARP had tournaments with guest dev team pickers, although from other comments on here a lot of the regular players are stuck on really old machines that don't perform adequately for many of the more recent builds / additions.
Von
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Von »

The latest from Bill (the tournament organizer):
Billhouse Wrote:
Ok, we are one week out from the start of this madness. This year I have been crazy busy and still don't have a working MAME cabinet or any picks for games yet.

It's like those TV specials where Santa Claus is sick and Christmas is fucked. But then like Fred Flintstone, some orphans, Ernest or some other shit saves Santa's fat ass and all the spoiled brats get their plastic junk for Jesus Day. Well guess what...

You get to be Ernest! Starting today I will take requests for possible titles for the Crap Tourney, In the spirit of the competition, please pick titles based on name, or still photo, attract screen, etc. Do not play any of these games, and remove any choices you have much knowledge of. Message me these gems when you can and I'll add my own input and compile the master list of Crap.

Anyone with access to CAGDC or whatever feel free to post, I dont remember my login for any other place. :)

The Night They Saved Crap Tournament! Coming soon to a computer near you!
Von
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Von »

The tournament has begun, and the initial 8 titles have been announced...

You'll need to set up an Aurcade account and stream if you want to participate. And if you don't want to participate, at least check out the games for yucks.
Billhouse Wrote:
Ok everyone. No fancy intro video this year, (next year for sure), here are your 8 initial titles for this year's tournament. There will be an additional 2 mystery titles added on Thursday night. Also, I will create appropriate forum topics for you to post scores, clip links, etc. for each game. Sorry I still do not have my MAME cab up and running so I have not been able to check dip settings or ROM sets. If someone could quickly post some default settings I'll add them to the games. Here we go, crap on!

Cosmic Guerilla
Sea Fighter Poseidon
Demons and Dragons (prototype)
Hustle
Intrepid
Reikai Doushi - Chinese Exorcist
Mighty Guy

and the pig title of the year, Pooyan.
Von
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Von »

The proper roms and dip settings for the initial 8 games are now listed at Aurcade: http://aurcade.com/forums/default.aspx? ... =3999#3999

Game on.