Mortal Kombat W.R 25,317,500 (should rules be changed ?)

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Mortal Kombat W.R 25,317,500 (should rules be changed ?)

Post by Manfredini-RS »

This is my new Mortal Kombat World Record, 25,317,500 played with Raiden. All DBFL, including Reptile.

http://youtu.be/EiIAvrGwyyU

To post this to MARP, the mk rules need to be changed a little. So i propose the following:

If there is more games played in the same INP, only the last one will be considered as long as you do not touch the machine settings between the games and the last game must be started from the absolute beginning (so is not allowed to start a game continuing from a 2 player match, so you may increase the value for the bonus rounds by starting on the steel and then breaking Ruby and Diamond).

This simple rule may be enough so people can enable reptile by fighting 40 rounds before the actual game play, starting from the beginning each time.

I think this is fair and legitimate and also a good ideia because of the following:

- Despite having more games in the same INP, it still should be considered one attempt per INP, because the previous games has only the purpose of enabling reptile.
- A record containing reptile is much more difficult to achieve because if you fail you need to start all over, including the 40 figths before the new attempt.
- The INP is still played without NVRAM, with default factory settings, so it will still be in agreement with MARP Rules.
- It is not considered cheating or leeching or unfair strategy because reptile is part of the score system of Mortal Kombat.
- TG World Records allow playing reptile, so i think MARP records should also allow it so a MARP mk world record should be as respected as a TG mk World Record.

I am only suggesting these changes. If anyone has a different opinion, let's discuss here.

Thank You.
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re: Mortal Kombat W.R 25,317,500 (should rules be changed ?)

Post by GHEMANT »

Excellent work and congratulation for the new WR. Can you add wolfmame replay in this thread with "upload attachment option"?

Next step is change the rules for this game and accept Reptile in hi-score for Marp. I suggest you to continue play with other characters.

I agree with you about not use the bonus bug to increase value from Bonus.
Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Manfredini-RS »

GHEMANT wrote:Excellent work and congratulation for the new WR. Can you add wolfmame replay in this thread with "upload attachment option"?

Next step is change the rules for this game and accept Reptile in hi-score for Marp. I suggest you to continue play with other characters.

I agree with you about not use the bonus bug to increase value from Bonus.
I'm not quite sure if its a good idea, doesnt this leaves a door open to someone to take the inp and submit it to marp ? Not that i think this would happen here, but i think its unnecessary to take the risk. Anyway as soon as mk rules changes, i will be submitting the inp, or maybe i should try to submit it now and see what happens, maybe this is a way to get their attention to review mk rules... What do you think ?
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I think this: you can submit on marp wolf replay and in description write: "WR (Raiden) defeat Reptile, the correct replay start after 5 match lost. I look forward to a change of the rules of this game" (or something similar), then you can send a private message to Mahlemiut or Phil Lamat to capture their attention.
Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Manfredini-RS »

I Did another record of 25,405,000
Created a new topic on the Regulation Play because i think its more appropriate there.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15293
RAX
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by RAX »

I was waiting for a replay like this, thank you =D>
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

I think you are ready to defeat the old score with Sonya by Alpha. Awesome performance Manfredini!
Manfredini-RS
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Manfredini-RS »

GHEMANT wrote:I think you are ready to defeat the old score with Sonya by Alpha. Awesome performance Manfredini!
Thank you !

I did 14,339,500 last week, its already 1st on Marp and confirmed.
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/mk

My goal now is to have my 25,405,000 submitted and confirmed, but the rules must change before that

I created another post on the regulation play forum because i think there is the correct place for,the topic
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15293

Thank you for the advices !