Night Raid

Discussion of playback questions / problems. Any recording where people have playback problems should appear here.

Moderator: Chad

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Night Raid

Post by Chad »

not getting this CHD game to playback correctly with or with out default diff/nvrams.

http://replay.marpirc.net/inp/8/a/a/prf ... olf150.zip
http://replay.marpirc.net/r/nightrai
-skito
Fordy
Button Masher
Button Masher

Re: Night Raid

Post by Fordy »

Well I'm not having much luck with these chd games. Before I record them I delete cfg, diff and nvram and then after I finish the recording I delete them again to check the game plays OK and it works every time, although obviously I'm doing something wrong somewhere. Thanks for trying anyway Skito.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

Thanks for testing. Unfortunately some playback problems will playback good the first time but then never playback again. Sometimes just due to a timing issue. It might be good to play it back a day later, but that's hard to do a lot of the time :). If it is working for you perhaps I'm doing something wrong or there is some difference. Does your rom pass the audit tests for mame150 (no bad crcs) ?
-skito
Fordy
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Fordy »

Well I just tried playing it back again and it works fine. I don't think there is any problems with the chd, where I got it from said it was a 0.150 chd and I also downloaded an up-to-date Taito GNET bios just to make sure my old one wasn't the problem. I am using a gui and I don't suppose that could be the problem could it?? I don't seem to be having much luck with these chd games which is a shame as I really enjoy playing them.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

repeat playback is a good sign, there must be something that I don't have set that you do. I'll keep trying.
-skito
Fordy
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Fordy »

As a matter of curiosity have you played the game? And if so can you get any of your scores to play back?
By the way if you can't get my inp to play back then don't worry about it, it's not that good anyway, I have a much bigger score recorded.