MARP Election 2013 - Voting Has Begun!

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

MARP Election 2013 - Voting Has Begun!

Post by Zhorik »

Voting for the MARP 2013 Election has begun and will end on 2013 August 22, 23:59 GMT.

Eligible MARP members are encouraged to vote for the following:

Knockout Chairman: Vote for 1
a) RAX
b) sikraiken
c) Zerstorung

Regulation Coordinator: Vote for 1
a) mahlemiut
b) Phil Lamat

Time Trial Coordinator: Vote for 1
a) Giro X
b) RAX

Editor Confidence Votes:
For each MARP Editor, please vote Yes or No on whether you have confidence in the editor:
1) Mahlemiut (Barry Rodewald - New Zealand)
a) YES
b) NO

2) BBH (Matt Hall - USA)
a) YES
b) NO

3) Phil Lamat (France)
a) YES
b) NO

4) Frankie (Michael Bruhn - Denmark)
a) YES
b) NO

5) Skito ("Chad" Hurwitz - USA)
a) YES
b) NO

6) ***PL*** (Pat Laffaye - USA)
a) YES
b) NO

7) Q. T. Quazar
a) YES
b) NO

(Editors please let me know if the list of current Editors I have above isn't up-to-date)

The following positions had candidates running unopposed, so there is no need to vote for these positions:

Tournament Coordinator: Giro X

RULES:

HOW TO VOTE: Votes can be either PMed to me or e-mailed to me at gastrainga2001@yahoo.com (you must e-mail from the e-mail account registered with your MARP account or forum account). When voting please list both your forum name and your MARP account name if they are different. VOTES POSTED TO THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

If you have any questions about how to vote, please post them on this thread or PM me.

ELIGIBLE VOTERS:

1) Any member whose first recording was created after 2013 March 13 is not allowed to vote.

2) Members must have made a combined total of at least 10 MARP submissions or MARP forum postings between 2012 May 3 and 2013 August 12 to be eligible to vote.

3) Exceptions to vote can be petitioned to any editor. If the petitioner receives a majority vote of the editors, the exception is granted. If the editors fail to achieve a majority on either side of a petition within 72 hours after the petition was written, the petitioner automatically earns the right to vote. Editors can immediately grant petitions at any time by a majority vote.

4) The editors have a right to reject the voting rights of any individual by a 2/3 vote of all editors. Any ruling of this nature can be overruled by a 2/3 vote of the general public.

If you are not sure if you are eligible to vote, either PM me or post on this thread.

ELECTION PERIOD: Begins now. Ends 2013 August 22, 23:59 GMT

OTHER:

Editor Confidence Voting Rules Summary:
- Anyone receiving less than 50% confidence is removed from office and placed on probation for a term of at least six months.
- If there are less than five votes on any editor, that person remains as an editor regardless.
- If the number of editors thrown out brings the total number of editors to less than five, then the five editors with the most percentage remain as editors.

Write-in Votes: I will not be accepting write-in votes. This is because of the openness of the nomination process and the lack of provision for write-in votes in the MARP election procedures.

Coordinator Position Descriptions:

Knockout (MAME Championship) Coordinators (there are 3 Knockout Coordinators)
- Can choose any game for any round at any point. They may change the game before it is announced, but cannot change the game unless agreed to by a 2/3 vote from the general public after the game is announced.
- Can choose any format for the MAME Championships at any point before the tournament begins. They can only change the format after a tournament begins by a 2/3 vote from the general public.
- Must enforce the rules of the MAME Championships at all times.
- Must attempt to advertise the MAME Championships before and after the tournament.
- (Knockout Chairman Only) Must organize at least one public meeting before the tournament and run those meetings unless he designates another coordinator to do this job.

Regulation Coordinator
- Must maintain the regulation rules web page when necessary. Must report the update to the assistant and main web page maintainers.
- Must enforce the voting of any relevant regulation votes.
- Can extend any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason.
- Can reduce the length or reject any particular vote from the default of seven days for any good reason. However, this decision can be overruled by a 2/3 vote from the general public.

Time Trial Coordinator
- Organize and run the Time Trial Competition

See http://replay.marpirc.net/rules/election.htm for general MARP Election Procedures

If you have questions about the Election Procedures, please PM me or post on this thread.

-George Strain
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: MARP Election 2013 - Voting Has Begun!

Post by Weehawk »

Zhorik wrote: 2) Members must have made a combined total of at least 10 MARP submissions or MARP forum postings between 2012 May 3 and 2013 August 12 to be eligible to vote.
Thanks for nominating me. The post in which I declined was my 10th for the time period in question.

ROFL
John Cunningham (JTC)
giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by giro-X »

When voting, do I have to give a vote for each point or can I jump some eventually?
If for example I don't know if to vote Yes or No about the confidence in an editor, can I avoid to vote for that confidence?
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

giro-X wrote:When voting, do I have to give a vote for each point or can I jump some eventually?
If for example I don't know if to vote Yes or No about the confidence in an editor, can I avoid to vote for that confidence?
Yes, you can choice to abstain from any of the votes and only vote for the points you want.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Voting ends in less than 2 days at 2013 August 22, 23:59 GMT. So if you have been waiting to vote, you better hurry up!
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Voting ends in less than 14 hours at 2013 August 22, 23:59 GMT. So if you have been waiting to vote, you better hurry up!
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

Voting is finished. No new votes will be accepted.