Phoenix scoring

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Phoenix scoring

Post by simpsons99 »

I see these scores for Phoenix are they counting the 200k trick more then 1 time? Each time you do the 200k trick it resets your score back too 200k

I thought the scoring was just the score at the end of the game? Something i'm missing here?
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Phoenix scoring

Post by mahlemiut »

You've watched these INPs? And if so, which ones, specifically?
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

mahlemiut wrote:You've watched these INPs? And if so, which ones, specifically?
no i have'nt watched any of them just going by what they said in there remarks. 200k times x2 .. Thats not possable without reseting your score back to 200k again
Arcade Game Scores
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I must be going blind or something, I only saw one that mentions getting more than one 200k, and that has a final score of almost 240k only.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
BeeJay
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by BeeJay »

I suspect they were just mentioning in passing that they had hit the 200k bug twice. Depending on their score at the time, they were probably quite annoyed when they "accidentally" hit it a 2nd time around and "lost" points so decided to "vent" some of their frustration by putting in the comment about hitting the bug twice.

In fact, Nibbler 69 mentioned this very situation happening to them when they were on a 550K game, which would definitely make one really annoyed!! (See the GEGOTW 2012 thread for Phoenix.)

Cheers,
BeeJay.
Alessandro.S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Alessandro.S »

Possibly Brian is talking about my 239K on the falcon clone, where indeed I DO get twice the "bonus"... but as I explain in the comment section of the INP:
CURSED game. Got to 35K before getting the bonus, and then at over 250K I got unwillingly another. Could have been very close to 300K total. Almost as bad as my .inp at 140600 without bonus !
In fact, I get at some point over 250K during the game - but my total score ends up being 239K :x

The only case where the bonus can be awarded twice with good reason, if I understand correctly, is when your 2nd bonus happens after 1 million points - at that point the score has rolled over, and an extra 200K brings you back from 0xxxxx to 2xxxxx...
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

It might have been .. I got confused with scores and totals
Alessandro.S wrote:Possibly Brian is talking about my 239K on the falcon clone, where indeed I DO get twice the "bonus"... but as I explain in the comment section of the INP:
CURSED game. Got to 35K before getting the bonus, and then at over 250K I got unwillingly another. Could have been very close to 300K total. Almost as bad as my .inp at 140600 without bonus !
In fact, I get at some point over 250K during the game - but my total score ends up being 239K :x

The only case where the bonus can be awarded twice with good reason, if I understand correctly, is when your 2nd bonus happens after 1 million points - at that point the score has rolled over, and an extra 200K brings you back from 0xxxxx to 2xxxxx...
Arcade Game Scores