Mappy replay

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Re:

Post by Zhorik »

Patwos wrote:Here's a slightly better translation for you of the three posts in the snapshot using my favourite Japanese to English translation service... ;-)

Post#2
The sophistication of the feel of the cat leading the way, including outside of the screen, the way it avoids 6000x2... It is impeccable in every way. I will make it my family treasure.
I was wondering what the comment about avoiding 6000x2 meant, so I searched on it and found out that according to http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mappy/Walkthrough:

The most number of points you can be awarded is 12,000, which is awarded for catching 10 cats, including Nyamco. Be careful, a glitch occurs in the Arcade version that gives only 1,010 points when 6000x2 points is earned. Be sure that the glitch is fixed in your version.
CrazyKongFan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: Mappy replay

Post by CrazyKongFan »

Q. T. Quazar wrote:It sure beats all the other mouse games... Cheeky Mouse, Funky Mouse, Funny Mouse, Phlegmy Mouse... most of which will make you want to destroy your KB, computer, and monitor after a couple of plays.
Hey, I like Funny Mouse :mrgreen: Actually, I like it more than Mappy, but that's just me I guess.