Frameskip and Controller Issue

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Siliconian
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Frameskip and Controller Issue

Post by Siliconian »

How can I start to record a game with FS10 or FS9 using wolfmame 0,137 or older versions?

How can I enable joystick? I just use keyboard because the controller not works.

I have problem with it and that is the reason that I tried to use Gui version for submissions.
Rodrigo Lopes
Metroid Team, from BRAZIL
South American World Champion
mahlemiut
Editor

Re: Frameskip and Controller Issue

Post by mahlemiut »

Siliconian wrote:How can I start to record a game with FS10 or FS9 using wolfmame 0,137 or older versions?
Add -frameskip 10 and -noafs to the commandline.
Siliconian wrote:How can I enable joystick? I just use keyboard because the controller not works.
Add -joystick to the commandline.

As a more permanent alternative, you can edit mame.ini (with Notepad or any other text editor) and change the relevant options.
Siliconian wrote:I have problem with it and that is the reason that I tried to use Gui version for submissions.
If you must have a GUI, then you can always use M+GUI, available from the MAME Plus site (http://mameicons.free.fr/mame32p/ - under "Experiment Projects"). Please try to avoid using MAME Plus itself, however, as INPs created with it are incompatible with MAME and WolfMAME.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Siliconian
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Re: Frameskip and Controller Issue

Post by Siliconian »

Wonderful help guys!!!

I will re-submit missing scores with M+GUI, maybe now will works fine! :D

Thanks
Rodrigo Lopes
Metroid Team, from BRAZIL