France vs. Italy Challenge - Rules and Leaderboard

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

GHEMANT wrote:
BBH wrote: I mention this because Pulstar seems to be one of the games affected by the bug now. I tried to watch Gemant's inp but couldn't, whereas someone in the other set apparently can (and yes, I made sure the bios was correct). I think 0.101 or anything earlier than that is a better bet than 0.102 or 0.103.
I try to watch my pulstar inp and I see correctly.
I confirmed it but i asked Phil to edit the score because it was wrong (error of typos) :D
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

new replay kikle cubicle: 781500
TRB_MetroidTeam
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by TRB_MetroidTeam »

After BBH's appointments about w102 and w103, my suggestion is to change ASAP the version to w101. To whom it interest, if in the correct settings, the same w101 INP will be allowed to send to Twingalaxies too.

OT: I am in vacation, an in a couple of hour I will leave my city to drive around 1000 Km to meet the other Metroid Team members. Any private contact can be done via PM or via e-mail (to the players already know my main email address).

Good competition for you!
Valter "TRB" - The Real Battle
Metroid Team, from Brazil
Crazy Taxi and Crazy Taxi 2 world champions
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

TRB_MetroidTeam wrote:After BBH's appointments about w102 and w103, my suggestion is to change ASAP the version to w101. To whom it interest, if in the correct settings, the same w101 INP will be allowed to send to Twingalaxies too.

OT: I am in vacation, an in a couple of hour I will leave my city to drive around 1000 Km to meet the other Metroid Team members. Any private contact can be done via PM or via e-mail (to the players already know my main email address).

Good competition for you!
Now than BBH find the solve of the problem, its not necessary to change the version, I mean.

Wonder
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Day 3

Gemant is the best player with four 1st place, but Sawys is just behind with three 1st place.

France is before Italy for the third day in the row.

Wonder
Attachments
France vs Italy Challenge J3.zip
(5.12 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

After watching Gemant's Charlie Ninja inp, using the extend at 200k only option might be a good idea. (Default is extend at every 200k)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

mahlemiut wrote:After watching Gemant's Charlie Ninja inp, using the extend at 200k only option might be a good idea. (Default is extend at every 200k)
We wrote that "Techniques that were banned in the MARP will not be allowed in this challenge" so if marp rule change, then we will change it or maybe that judges can tell opinion on gemant's charlie ninja inp.
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
Marco Marocco
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by Marco Marocco »

Well, it's necessary to decide soon so Gemant - ZBL Fukuda can make another super - inp :lol:
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

if extend was 100.000 pts every... charlie ninja leeching can be banned. But with 200.000 is impossible leeching infinite (leeching, 1up, death, leeching, 1up, death etc.) when you finish lives, you finish your play.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Hi :)
Davil, you don't put your initials in wardner's inp... Name is AAA...
I know with wlf that you made the score but why don't you put your initials ??
I don't confirm for the moment...
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

sawys wrote:Hi :)
Sometimes I don't enter initials or enter wrong initials. Why? Because sometimes is impossible to return when you enter wrong letter or score isn't interesting.
Last edited by destructor on Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Marco, each time you send an inp, your clock speed is never the same...
In the rules, it is said that
- During all the competition, players should play only on one computer. Caracteristics of player's computer will be taken on the 1st inp (on wlf file) posted at marp after the start fixed at 01/02/06 - 00:00 GMT.

The 1st inp you sent was on gyruss
01 Feb 06 09:09 MarcoMarocco gyruss Gyruss (Konami) wolf103 550650 (6th)

In this inp, your computer was designed like in the file attached, so why for all your other inps, you don't use the same computer ?

You don't respect the rule and if you must do something then do it to have the same caracteristics...
Attachments
Marco Marocco 1st inp.GIF
Marco Marocco 1st inp.GIF (15.31 KiB) Viewed 8331 times
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

destructor wrote:
sawys wrote:Hi :)
Sometimes I don't enter initials on enter wrong initials. Why? Because sometimes is impossible to return when you enter wrong letter or score isn't interesting.
In wardner you enter initials at the beginning of the game so we don't have excuses to not do it...
And the simple fact of doing it prooves that you respect the other players. And more for a challenge, don't you think ?
Never mind if we must do it each time we made an inp.
In neodrift, it's at the beginning and i do it everytima i play
DaviL
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by DaviL »

I don't know why I must write initials after wait 60 sucker seconds before the game start.
I don't have time for put initials everytime, because if something goes wrong I press ESC and restart.
You have wlf file to see is me so I don't see nothing wrong on this.
However I have no problem to make another inp
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

The true player love to put his initials and i think that with an emulator like mame, it's a way of R.E.S.P.E.C.T the other players.
But you don't need to play again, for sure.
I will confirm.
Nice play on wardner and maybe a new way of increase gold on stage 3 ;)
Thank you for your answer, i will confirm :D