Taking the ...

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Taking the ...

Post by Haze »

Racing Hero ... the game doesn't really get on with the sega rewrite code, you're locked to the middle of the road and I really can't figure out why (probably the maths chip emulation but its hard to trace..)

Browsing over MARP I noticed some replays, so I thought hey, maybe Mame32 Plus fixed the bug.

Needless to say, after watching the INPs I wasn't exactly amazed, the only thing it left me wondering is why people want to compete on games which are quite clearly broken broken in current versions... I really wonder if its serious competition or just you guys having a laugh ;-)

unless somebody can confirm you're *meant* to be locked to the middle of the road ;-)
SJK
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by SJK »

I didn't see much of a problem with the game really... :D
The only thing I noticed was when the game turns you on some corners, but I thought that'd be normal. :?

(edit) after watching Gerhards inp, I see the sticking to the middle thing.. that doesn't happen with me..
- Smraedis
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

You can't actually leave the middle lane at the moment no matter how hard you try, this means its impossible to crash into the sides. I find this unlikely to be correct behavior and therefore don't really see the point in making recordings until its fixed ;-)
SJK
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by SJK »

I've been out of the middle lane when I was playing it.. and I've also scraped against the walls and crashed into them too.
Though I can understand what you mean from when I see Gerhards inp, but does my inp look like that too when playing? Its okay here..
- Smraedis
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Gerhard loves them broken games. :)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

Hmm, looking at it no, your replay seems to work.. and I think the reason is because you're not using default controls .. it seems that the key mapped to 'Button 1' automatically centers you on the road for some reason ... maybe a debug key sega left in there ..
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

(which obviously was causing problems because button 1 and pedal 1 by default map to the same key)

I'll probably just hide 'button 1' for the next update, I don't think Sega intended that to be used by the player, its not listed in the test mode and wouldn't have been hooked up on the real cabinet.
sawys
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by sawys »

Hi !
For outrun, is there not the same problem cos when you actually play (mame0.92), you must use the direction (up) to accelerate but it's now impossible to play because going up and turning left or right is hard to do.
The analog control is a bad way to play this game :cry:
Sawys is Sébastien GIRAUD, admin of MAMESCORE, member of MARP, TWIN GALAXIES, RETRO UPRISING and ex-member of JVRM :-D
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

sawys wrote:Hi !
For outrun, is there not the same problem cos when you actually play (mame0.92), you must use the direction (up) to accelerate but it's now impossible to play because going up and turning left or right is hard to do.
The analog control is a bad way to play this game :cry:
Sure, if you're using a joystick or keyboard. Which is far from accurate, too.
- Barry Rodewald
Gerhard S
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Gerhard S »

mahlemiut wrote:Gerhard loves them broken games. :)
better as nothing

this games work´s fine for me 8)
Gerhard & Crew Pinballs
http://schindler-gerhard.de/
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Gerhard S wrote:better as nothing

this games work´s fine for me 8)
Riiiiiight... and the scrolling background not updating in Sidewinder is supposed to happen, huh? ;)
- Barry Rodewald