Any Mega Recordings For Bubble Memories?

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Any Mega Recordings For Bubble Memories?

Post by tmorrow »

Here on MARP we have some good 12+ million scores, but are some way (15-20 levels) from completing the game. The scores are improving all the time so I'm sure it is only a matter of time before someone completes the game on MARP.

An old GAMEST spreadsheet shows 33,180,150 on normal and 39,786,800 on super. These scores are incredible. Are there any recordings showing these high scores, I'd love to see them. I've tried tracking them down on some of the Japanese high score sites but haven't found any good ones yet.

I've played the super version by enabling the 'super secret' (LSBJUDSR at the title screen). It is tough, I can tell you. I'm far better off sticking to the standard version until my skills improve substantially.
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

i like bubble symphony.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Maybe it's just me, but Bubble Symphony just lacks a certain something that Bubble Bobble and Bubble Memories has...

And what is it with the titles of these games.... Why is the US version of Bubble Symphony called Bubble Bobble II, when Rainbow Islands was subtitled "The Story of Bubble Bobble II"?

...and no, I don't remember coming across any Bubble Memories inps. I would certainly like to see some nice finishes myself.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
tmorrow
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by tmorrow »

tar wrote:i like bubble symphony.
Then I'd bet you'd like to see someone get "14,914,800 at normal" and "16,803,810 at super" on bubble symphony. Those are the 2 high scores I have on my GAMEST spreadsheet dated 2002.

We have a respectable 10.2 million here on MARP - http://marp.retrogames.com/inp/e/6/6/dd ... mame60.zip. Much better than MARP's bubble memories recordings where we have scores 3 times lower than GAMEST records.