Hyper Sports NVRAM

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

The TJT wrote:
mahlemiut wrote:And yet, we cannot get extra modes in SFA3 because that would require using NVRAM.
I have no idea why we don't :roll: What kind of extra modes? Why you, ehhh I mean we, need them? Is there any conversation somewhere around forum. Is this a worm thing? Moles eat worms for supper. Or is this molework?

Little explanation, please...
viewtopic.php?t=7120

viewtopic.php?t=10891

viewtopic.php?t=10491

viewtopic.php?t=11442
John Cunningham (JTC)
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Thanks John, now I remember the discussion. I don't have much passion for SF series, so never read the discussion carefully.
TJT wrote:but not my game,not my business, don't know anything about it. Will not vote before discussion, and maybe not after that either.
...And I didn't.
mahlemiut wrote:And yet, we cannot get extra modes in SFA3 because that would require using NVRAM. Why should this matter just for the sake of some extra points?
I guess that SFA3 comment was meant for Al :o
They are not extra points, Without nv gives less points. You play games for points. Records are points. Plus what I wrote earlier about going for moles being essential part of the game.

I have nothing against using nvram at games that require it. If a split requires nv, no problem.
Barry, you have to notice that maybe sfa3 votes were not all against nvram, some might have been against splitting the game...reason being over 70 different SF clones already...
Anyway that's not very constructive approach.

Wonder what jeditors are saying now about nv subject?

Remember that marp rules should not be to make life hard for players, but exactly opposite.
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

I'm glad it's being discussed, and I'm sure any outcome will be respected.

Tommi, thanks for the NV - I eventually got it to work - I had HS to erase scores on reset which stops it from working obviously...

I've been playing a few first round only games (before I never really *went* for moles) and got 158k after the first round (a perfect archery in that tho too) but still by far my highest 1st round score ever I guess.

With the first two rounds being the same Pole vault wise (at least in run up speed) a 300k+ score after just two rounds seems very likely/possible.

Figure on 100k per round average after that (third round is *easier* skeets than 2nd and 4th to me :P) and you've got a 500k score before things get dependent on luck as well as skill hehe. Ooo it's all a bit exciting or something :P

It's a shame the game gets so hard from 9.6 horse... Well 18m triple jump isn't a formality is it?

I know the TG record stands at 538k, does anyone have any info on this - ie what he failed at etc? What scores he got (records) on each event up to this?

What's the unofficial highest score that anyones seen? Where did they fail? Questions questions questions :P
#Find another way to me
Find another way and make me free
Then you hear my voice 'don't find another wayyyyy'
Oh i've cried for you, please follow me oh follow meee
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re....

Post by AL »

As said before, this game requires certain attention regarding NVRAM.

Having said that , as Rick pointed out, we can submit to TG using NVRAM. But which?

The only event which counts is the Pole Vault. And by my estimation the fairest one is the one that has records of 5.93m for the top three places.

Adi: your speeds amaze me. Your Archery is self explanatory. You can kill this enigmatic TG WR in one go. Do it for me.

Cheers,

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re...

Post by AL »

Kelly failed on 5th round skeets.

Makes you laugh doesn't it?

AL
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by LordGaz »

Fairest would be to have all the records all at 5.95m, no reason to have them any less. If you set them at 5.93m, what if you score 5.94m with a mole! Ironic.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: re....

Post by LN2 »

AL wrote:The only event which counts is the Pole Vault. And by my estimation the fairest one is the one that has records of 5.93m for the top three places.
yes, this is the likely scenario. TJT has an nvram with one 5.94 though!

I guess someone could take the time to make one with 3.

I think all you would need is 1 replay file with a 5.94...then replay it 3 times using the same nvram file so all 3 records fill up with 5.94s.

This doesn't make a huge difference as you can only hit 5.93 on the 3rd loop or later. The big mole points are on the first 2 loops of the game where you have several jumps to make before you reach the records so could get a lot of mole points.

TJT and I agree that if TG accepts use of nvram for HS it needs to be the same nvram file for all.

I don't think a 5.95 is possible. The 5.94 is only possible if you nail it on the 4th loop. Perhaps on the 5th or the theoretical 6th loop you would have the speed to nail a 5.95. It's doubtful that would ever happen. :P

TJT can comment on that. hehe
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

LordGaz wrote:Fairest would be to have all the records all at 5.95m, no reason to have them any less. If you set them at 5.93m, what if you score 5.94m with a mole! Ironic.
Man, I never know if you are being serious or not :)

If 5,94 is highest you can get, then records can never be over that. 5,95 would certainly require a 2-3 player team. Yet it's not impossible that such team would exist at competition(or pre compt).

Anyway, I felt that 5,93 being the lowest record, would be something you'd have in a competition. So getting molepoints for jumping 5,93 would give advantage to mame player, which we don't want either, right.
Maybe all records being 5,93 would've been best, for players being able to get their initials at first place...but that is cosmetic and don't affect points. If u want, then ok I can do it.
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

Thanks for the comp AL tho I think it will be some time before it get's beaten. It used to be that if one of the first round skeets was missed (when recording) I'd restart. Now I'm restarting if I don't hit up to 8000pt moles lol. Not good - I'll never get past the first round 90% of the time :P

Off to work.. laters
#Find another way to me
Patwos
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by Patwos »

Did I really vote against SuperMario saying I hate the game??

It's always possible I suppose but I don't remember doing so.... :wink:
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

:roll:

Actually, R2 has been known to make mistakes......from time to time.......oh dear oh dear
LordGaz
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by LordGaz »

Tommi I see your point :). However it only takes someone to get a 5.94m once to prove that over time the records will all fill up with 5.94m and this was common in the arcades especially when I was at my peak :). 5.95m is possible on the first round in MAME but with autofire hehe, but at least it proves that it's possible. Thanks for reading.

Gaz.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

LordGaz wrote:5.95m is possible on the first round in MAME but with autofire hehe, but at least it proves that it's possible.
Do you have a replay showing this? The highest I ever got on the first round was 5.92...then on the 2nd loop, 5.93...then only once have I ever got the 5.94...which I think was on the 4th loop of that game.

I think this will definitely require a discussion among TG refs of whether we would want the highest possible..so 3 5.94s or even if it's created using the RLH cheat, three 5.95s for the nvram file.

...or perhaps three 5.93s is more realistic...since that is more typically what you would find in the arcades from a day of play.
dskys
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dskys »

Surely for NVram purposes only the lowest record matters. And for that I think 5.93 is realistic, but I'd prefer 5.92.

Anyway :)
#Find another way to me
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re...

Post by AL »

5.94M is possible on first round.

5.95M is only possible on third round or later.

Gaz: I'm sure I got a 5.94M on one of my HS(+clone) INP's?

Too lazy to check.....

Cheers,

AL