Donkey Kong

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

buck16
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Donkey Kong

Post by buck16 »

OK, I'd LOVE to see Ben Jos Walbeehm's Donkey Kong game but can't locate MAME m35tg3b or the older ROMs used with it. I'd like to learn his tricks/methods so I can give it a go on my Donkey Kong arcade machine here.

I don't suppose anybody could e-mail me some help here?

Thanks,
Matt
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
buck16
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by buck16 »

I've heard you need the B version for playback ... but you probably know better than me.

Now ... if only I could locate the OLD, OLD ROM. : )

Thanks,
Matt
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

I think BJW did not stay up "maximizing" points jumping over barrels, as I saw Billy M do.

BTW, where is BJW? anybody hear about him for long time? Has he been at marpirc?

I believe Dk old roms are propably easy to find with google or such, I allways find only the old roms in some basic index page, hehe.
boxster
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by boxster »

Try the newsgroups:

alt.binaries.emulators.mame

Older versions are posted once-in-a-while. If it's not currently posted, you can always post a request for it.

:wink:
buck16 wrote:I've heard you need the B version for playback ... but you probably know better than me.

Now ... if only I could locate the OLD, OLD ROM. : )

Thanks,
Matt
buck16
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by buck16 »

Perhaps not. I'd like to see are his patterns and subtleties on all boards. I'm stuck at a high score of 313,500 and often am losing lies on the beams/girders (blue set). I want to see how different a 900K game looks.

No luck via google. Not for the older rom. Posted a req in alt.binaries.

Thanks,
Matt
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

buck16 wrote:I've heard you need the B version for playback ... but you probably know better than me.
I think you'll find that that is the B version. It's size matches mine, which has the same filename, but has m35tg3b.exe in it.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Benjos jumps a lot of barrels in his 900k recording as far as I can remember:) If he maxes out the "leeching"? Not surem but he is doing a good job that´s for sure :P
QRS
drchip
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by drchip »

Check your HotMail Inbox - you may find something there for you..... :)

D.C
buck16
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by buck16 »

Hey, I did find something in my mail box. How'd that get there!?

Had to install on my next to dead notebook (my one win98 machine that doesn't have an arcade monitor) to watch. Damn Win 2k. But ...

Anyway, I'm watching the playback now. Just an FYI: he doesn't do any point leeching with the barrels; clearly, there is some barrel manipulation, but only for survival, not points.

Have picked up a couple ideas. But I also think Benjos got a few lucky breaks especially early on. Of course, I only wish I was that "lucky." My high is about 3x less than his.

I'm at 625K now. Just waiting to see the kill screen.

MUCH appreciation on you know who's help here.

Matt
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Wait until you have watched the recording... then say if he jumps barrels or not :wink: I think he does it on a few stages before the killscreen. It was a long time since I saw that recording, so I might be mistaken though.
QRS