Paperboy Billions Discussion & Tips n Tricks Page

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: re...

Post by The TJT »

AL wrote:AL ( I don't write the news.....I just deliver it....)
Ha-ha-ha!
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

NotMan wrote:Yes Kelly! I just show the demo version how to achieve 1 billions pts bug trick on end of the training course which is found rarely on the first two original version not the parent roms which has bug fixes. So, I did not want to finish the game, due that might be another new thread about expoliting the bug tricks something like the Outrun or Camel Try.
respectable.

Ban trick opinion should be done by who can do it by onesself.
your opinion is great one.

opposite style of Complaining someone.(who just scream like stupid without act.) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
gamerya
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by gamerya »

Novice wrote: opposite style of Complaining someone.(who just scream like stupid without act.) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ARGHHHHHHHWERPOJERBOOJERGJOPVRAGO!!!!
NotMan
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by NotMan »

Thanks Al for the tips on "Grandstand trick and Lawnmower trick." I was hoping that you might show us your inp on grandstand trick on Hard Street, cause I was curious... :lol:

NotMan
AL
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

re....

Post by AL »

Haven't got one ! I gave up on the controls issue yonks ago . A pity , one of me favourite games .

Like I said , all ye do on Hard Street , is go out the side of the Grandstand , and crash into the left kerb . Simple . Usually 60-65k bonus .
If memory serves correct highest score in arcade for HS was mid 800k . Thats getting the bonus each day . Sometimes , even after you crash you don't get any bonus , but mostly you do .

Cheers ,

AL
HAL: " It's puzzling . I've never seen anything quite like this before..? "
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Novice wrote:Ban trick opinion should be done by who can do it by onesself.
I'll never understand this reasoning. Why do you need to be able to do a trick yourself to judge whether the trick spoils competition for the game so should be banned? It's actually in those cases where you less likely have done the trick yourself or care to do it...cuz it's not fair competition...so also won't waste time learning to do some trick that has no use in game competition.

That's similar to saying you can't vote for leaders until you have been a leader yourself.

You can't talk about the moon unless you have been on the moon.

You must commit murder to know murder is wrong. To convict a person of murder you must be a murderer first! cmon! :P

...tons of other examples. it's faulty logic.
Novice

Post by Novice »

LN2 wrote: You must commit murder to know murder is wrong. To convict a person of murder you must be a murderer first! cmon! :P
are you stupid??
(sorry, I know it already)

Everyone died stage 3.
someone can go stage 4 and it has big advantage for him.
all people who die at stage 3 scream "stage 4 is unfair".
so the man who can go stage 4 says "then come to stage 4 by yourself."
and account for enough knowledge for everyone.
or the man who can go stage 4 says "I know stage 4 is bug. so I should ban it".
if stage 4 should be ban, then the man who can go stage 4's opinion is very important.
all other stage 3 finisher's opinion should be void.

marder case and this case. which is more suitable for games?
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Novice wrote:are you stupid??
(sorry, I know it already)
Novice, it's EXACTLY what you often are saying. Perhaps you need to read some of your own posts to see it. The same flawed logic is there.

You essentially keep saying: No one is worthy to discuss or vote on whether a trick is allowed or not unless they can do the trick themselves or set high score themselves etc.

My above analogy to that is no juror is worthy of convicting someone of murder unless they have murderer others.

It's the same logic...just exposed for how flawed it is using the murder example.

There are "tricks" for other games I am totally fine with because it's a minor flaw in the game that overall doesn't really benefit the score that much if at all or overall for the score means very little. ie. a trick that in the end only makes your score 1% higher or even less. Face it if you do a trick that allows you to get a score 500,000 instead of 490,000 yet others are more skilled at the game and have scored even higher in score then whether you do the trick or not doesn't really mean much toward the scoreboard either. That's far different than a trick that allows you to score 9.9 million instead of less than 1 million....or a trick that allows you to score 52 million when equally skilled players not using the trick can only score 45-50 million. A trick that totally changes the rules of how the game is played is totally different than a "trick" during gameplay that really isn't perhaps a trick but just knowledge of some aspect in the game like many fighting games has to do a secret attack or other trick to get more points. The latter I would equate with skill.

I never judge a trick etc. without at least watching the replay first...to see what it is if I'm not familiar with it....then in some cases quickly play the game to see how trivial it is. In most cases of tricks I have found it pretty trivial to do the trick myself.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

I thought that the "(sorry I know it already)" was pretty funny actually. :)

I do believe that you need reasonable knowledge of a game to properly judge on a trick - except where it's blatantly obvious that it shouldn't be used (SCI comes to mind). I may give an opinion on a trick for a game I don't know well, but I won't vote on it. And as always, opinions are just that, and will differ from person to person. You can never stop people from giving an opinion on something. Trust me, I live in a country where people will complain about stupid little things all the time.

The only 'rules' a game has, are defined by it's code.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Novice

Post by Novice »

still complaining.
blah.....

I already said 100 times. so I write 101st.

OPEN YOUR MOUTH AFTER DO IT BY YOURSELF.
who decide right play/illegal play??

all rick carter's complain was from his ignorance and no-skill.
PERIOD.

bye.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
evil_angela
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by evil_angela »

Novice wrote: I already said 100 times. so I write 101st.

OPEN YOUR MOUTH AFTER DO IT BY YOURSELF.
What? Until you learn how to cheat/abuse a bug, you can't object when someone else does it? That's a huge load of complete idiocy. And the only people who would object to not allowing cheating and bug abusing are those who can't play by the rules and can only win by cheating.
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

mahlemiut wrote: The only 'rules' a game has, are defined by it's code.
I strongly disagree.

BTW, no...I did not do it by myself...I did IT with a sexy girl. 8)
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Novice wrote:OPEN YOUR MOUTH AFTER DO IT BY YOURSELF.
I believe MARP members decided it.

For some reason though you think I banned certain tricks all on my own.

That isn't the case at all. I might participate in a discussion or start one if there was no thread on it in the past...and cast my 1 vote.

That's all I can do...cast my 1 vote. 1 vote isn't going to pass or ban anything.

The fact more than 2/3rds have to agree to ban a technique for it to be banned states that it's not just my "worthless, unskilled, ignorant" opinion but that of many.

Barry, I agree to a degree with what you said above. There have been several polls I might even comment on in a post in the thread but then not cast any vote because it's a game I'm not familiar with enough or care to get familiar with enough to properly judge it to the point of voting.

I think based on the way voting goes around here that to get 2/3rd to ban something it must be pretty obvious and the trick be almost like a cheat versus just a hidden task intentionally in the gameplay.
MJS
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by MJS »

If I understood correctly what Hisa said then I agree with him.

With "Ban trick opinion should be done by who can do it by onesself" I think he is trying to say that to vote in favour of banning certain technique you must prove it is easy to perform.

It sounds logic. Something sould be banned when it is easy enough to do. If you are against it, it is because you think it is easy. If it is easy, prove it (by doing it).

Those who disagree with Hisa (the only reason I can think of) is because they want techniques to be banned because of something else other than easyness/simplicity of the technique. In that case, please explain.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Of course you need to know at least something about the game before you say "BAN THAT TRICK! etc, but it is enough that you see a recording, try the trick and see how it works, how easy/hard it is for yourself.

There is really no need to prove it to someone else that you can do it. We have never had that policy on MARP (except for very special cases)

If Person x has done 1mil using a trick, do I have to beat that score to have an opinion about it? Nahh For me it is enough that I know how it works, know that I can do it if I really had too, and then compare it to similar games/rules etc on MARP. It is that simple actually period.

If is something else if you CLAIM that something is easy and that you can do it in 10 minutes etc.. then maybe you have to prove it so that people belive your claim is true. I never claim things like that, so I see no reason for me to waste my time doing things I don´t like to do :P
I DO have the right to have an opinion about a game, basing it on facts, my own knowledge of the game and the MARP rules though. Just like the rest of the MARPers have.

Of course it is not always a clear case though... sometimes you nee a lot of experience and knowledge about a game to say a trick should be allowed or not. Sometimes you just need to watch a recording and look at the MARP rules.
QRS