Camel Try Warp trick

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Should the Camel Try "Warp trick" be allowed ?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:50 am

Yes
28%
No
72%

Total votes: 25

Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Camel Try Warp trick

Post by Francois Daniel »

So the time is to judge if the warp trick is legal in marp or not. So as the question is the 'Warp Trick' legal ? It must be have 2/3 of no to reject it.

Francois
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

oh crap!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

I just really screwed up guys. I clicked and voted yes instead of no.
Is there a record of that that can be accessed to remove my vote or is it stuck at "yes" now?

Man, I could kill myself for making that mistake.
Maybe it won't matter but it might end up where that 1 bad swing vote makes a difference.
:!:

if the time stamp for each vote is saved I was the first "yes" vote so you could just remove that...and confirm it with matching the time of this post to the time of the poll...should be only 30-60 seconds later for this post.

Plus if it helps to strip my vote my ip domain is 138.88.x.x
Then I can revote and be careful which I select.
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Re: Camel Try Warp trick

Post by Novice »

Francois Daniel wrote:So the time is to judge if the warp trick is legal in marp or not. So as the question is 'Warp Trick is legal ?' It must be have 2/3 of yes to accept it.

Francois
:?: what is the definition of WARP Trick :?:
Please teach me. I can not understand "WHAT IS WARP" and "WHAT IS NOT WARP".

:wink: you should stand much clear poll instead.
example 1: set the boll next to bamper and automatic leeching trick should be ban

example 2:change paddlespeed during game should be ban

example 3:boot TTYF.

those poll makes no-misunderstanding.

If you ask me did I use WARP at 2.2million recording or not, then I must answer "I DID NOT".
because that trick is not warp.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

Francois, I edited your poll. There must be 2/3 majority no votes to ban the trick.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

Novice wrote:Please teach me. I can not understand "WHAT IS WARP" and "WHAT IS NOT WARP".
Gimme a break...after that huge thread of talking about the warp trick you very well know exactly what it means.

I agree the poll question should be phrased better though....but it's clear enough what it states if you read that other thread(s) about Cameltry to become knowledgable of the trick to vote for or against it to start with.
example 1: set the boll next to bamper and automatic leeching trick should be ban

example 2:change paddlespeed during game should be ban
Neither of these 2 examples would ban you doing that trick to score millions in cameltry and you know it. It's funny how your English actually improves sometimes to find loopholes in how things are written.

That specific bumper leech you did for 2 million points is only possible doing the warp trick. The bumper leeching itself isn't what we are calling the trick in any part of the discussions here. Bumper leeching in the game has previosuly been addressed and special rules set for. That leeching is actually totally legal from you completing the game IF and only if you didn't have to use that warp trick to get the ball through the wall into that location.

If you don't allow the bumper leech or the change sensitivity during the game that still would you to use that warp trick to go through walls completing a few of the worlds in much faster times...still changing what the gameplay is. This poll is specifically about the warp trick...not changing sensitivity during a game(which I think is automatically not allowed anyway by general MARP rules) and it's not about bumper leeching.
example 3:boot TTYF.
Now that would be a good poll.
If you ask me did I use WARP at 2.2million recording or not, then I must answer "I DID NOT".
wtf? sure it is...you warped into the wall to be able to get into that tight space between the bumper and the ball....just like you warped through the walls in world #1.

That is what we mean by warp. I think you actually used the term "warped" first in describing how you do the trick even before you uploaded the inp talking about a warp problem with the game etc....so please don't suddenly play dumb like you don't know what it means.
Last edited by LN2 on Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

***PL*** wrote:Francois, I edited your poll. There must be 2/3 majority no votes to ban the trick.
PL, can you remove my erroneous "yes" vote or are we stuck with it?

I gave info that should be within the saved poll data...plus likely related to my user account also. In the early part it doesn't seem like it would matter but I'm driving myself sick cuz of that mistake in clicking so quickly.
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

LN2 wrote:
***PL*** wrote:Francois, I edited your poll. There must be 2/3 majority no votes to ban the trick.
PL, can you remove my erroneous "yes" vote or are we stuck with it?
Not sure how to do it or where the votes are stored, but I'll try to find out.
I don't think it's even possible so as to prevent rigging.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

ok, not a problem ;) So marp give an advantage to tricks ?

Francois
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Oh HOOORAY! cencorship, Thanks for deleting my post because I used one "F word" You never course in real life? Nice excuse anyway :twisted:

All I said was: This is VERY,VERY,VERY SIMPLE yes-no vote! 50-50 percent should be the case here.

Maybe there is a line in the marp rules which states that "all tricks, bugs and cheats are allowed by default! If a trick seems like cheating a poll can remove use of that trick with 2/3 of votes" -just to protect the "innocent". It is all about how you look at the things.

You think that changing a rule needs 67%, and the rule is "everything permitted".
The "default" rule could also be seen as "like the game has been played before" If I would now make Galaga no shooting trick(if it was not on the special rules), 34% votes would be enough to let the trick stay. This is surely simplification of things......But let's say things are abit more complicated, not so simple(good example outrun,cameltry), surely there are some people which will vote for the not so logical(wright-wrong)option, or vote for just for the annoyince etc. Do not go by the book if book is bad.

Do you want to be a police who executes the law, no matter right or wrong. Or do you want to be a wise judge, who sees the letter of the law(what the purpose of the law is).

Life is like a chocolate box.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Novice wrote:[ :?: what is the definition of WARP Trick :?:
Please teach me. I can not understand "WHAT IS WARP" and "WHAT IS NOT WARP"..
So, you can't understand what you made ? When you play, your mind not command your hands ? Wow, you're most terrific than I think ;)
Novice wrote:If you ask me did I use WARP at 2.2million recording or not, then I must answer "I DID NOT".
I said only one thing for that : Finally you have a great sense of humour :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Francois
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

You've missed that I said...

1) Everyone cool it with the foul language
2) All "tricks" permitted until banned by 2/3 vote
3) Skill level is not required to be able to vote to ban a trick

and NO, a 2/3 vote can never remove a banned technique.

See my post for claification of Cheating -- Rule 2c

Reality has set in for you. There is nothing new here!!!
There's always somebody who doesn't like to follow rules. :roll:
piot
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by piot »

Novice wrote:example 2:change paddlespeed during game should be ban
Good idea ! You can generalize it to "Change settings during game should be allowed".

I have to check Rules page, such a rule should have been defined.
Piot
Novice

Post by Novice »

Francois Daniel wrote:
Novice wrote:[ :?: what is the definition of WARP Trick :?:
Please teach me. I can not understand "WHAT IS WARP" and "WHAT IS NOT WARP"..
So, you can't understand what you made ? When you play, your mind not command your hands ? Wow, you're most terrific than I think ;)
Novice wrote:If you ask me did I use WARP at 2.2million recording or not, then I must answer "I DID NOT".
I said only one thing for that : Finally you have a great sense of humour :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Francois

Weit!
I want to hear.
Please tell me the definition of WARP.
I think there is no WARP trick in camel try.
I just roll the screen faster than computer recognizing ball-wall hit check.
not more than it.(I admit I used it a little much.)

if you want to ban this feature, so there are many points of dubious from proper play.
for example expert stage 6's goal.
there are many spot which can not penetrate without rolling.
Goal from back and your word "WARP" does not have besic principle.
I use many turn before reflect. other use it less. not essential difference.

and what is the aim of this poll??
at here,everyone without skill/knowledge can built the poll.
but I think rule must be made in strict.
not enough knowledge guy can make only "fuzzy" rule.
and... again WHAT IS WARP??

I think,such suggestion should be done only be enough worth guy(elected)
Francois seemed joking.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
piot
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by piot »

Novice -> everyone here read the thread dealing whith your performance on Cameltry where the trick as been assimilated with WARP. Even if you don't agree with this word it matchs in players mind the trick you used.
Change this word will confuse players.

And please, stop telling each time a poll is started that it has no sense cuz people don't have your skill/knowledge on a game. There is no result to tell that, it's just democracy rules ! Everyone can give his opinion and ask others to "judge" (even if I don't like this word) a fact...
Piot
Novice

Post by Novice »

piot wrote:And please, stop telling each time a poll is started that it has no sense cuz people don't have your skill/knowledge on a game. There is no result to tell that, it's just democracy rules ! Everyone can give his opinion and ask others to "judge" (even if I don't like this word) a fact...
?Just luck of knowledge may creates fuzzy rule.
I still can not understand what is warp and what is not. :roll:

Teach me.
he may have much greater knowledge than me.
and mentioned about unseen WARP.
I also interested.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE