About new rules for new tricks.

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Asking for Poll maker

Poll ended at Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:14 am

If enough informations supply,poll was standable only by who can do it.
42%
Everyone can make new rule.(only uploader has risk and worthless effort)
58%

Total votes: 12

piot
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by piot »

Novice wrote: As for hunderds of recording uploader , ban 1 trick is not problem.
but generally speaking, unseen trick uploader makes 1 recording
after 500-1000 trial.
ban that 1 record after make it is fatal damage for one.
I can understand how you (or others players) could be disappointed to see your inp DQ after such an effort. You take risks playing like that, this requieres more time to master the game but if you success and your trick is allowed the reward is as big as (sometimes bigger than) the efforts you made.
Piot
piot
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by piot »

piot wrote:I assume current rule is anyone can make a poll about a trick. I'm right ?

In this case does it means that 66% should be reached by your 1st choice for changing the rule ?
can someone reply ? It could be usefull to understand clearly before voting.
Piot
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

piot wrote:
piot wrote:I assume current rule is anyone can make a poll about a trick. I'm right ?

In this case does it means that 66% should be reached by your 1st choice for changing the rule ?
can someone reply ? It could be usefull to understand clearly before voting.
I editted my second post (third post of the thread). I started the edit before you submitted yours... but obviously finished after you had! HTH
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Novice wrote:[If this opinion will reject, I will never show Marpers unseen skill/trick and never supply informations.
current system kill the insentive to show new skill.
not only for me. MARP will get very few unseen recordings.

I will find another method to enjoy here.not more than it. not less than it.
So, you think you are the only one who know all tricks in the world. If you think that you're worst as i think.

Francois
The TJT
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by The TJT »

Novice wrote:
As for hunderds of recording uploader , ban 1 trick is not problem.
but generally speaking, unseen trick uploader makes 1 recording
after 500-1000 trial.
ban that 1 record after make it is fatal damage for one.
Do not make so many tries before submission, just put "sample replay" in the comment field 8O

...This is only problem with anyone's personal submission standards. Some do not like to submit something they have not perfected yet, which is a bit elitist approach. In the start, when I was new at marp I was guilty of this too...never upload other than 1st place recordings...That's the wrong way of seeing things though, one should admit that he simply can not be first at every game he plays...there are other good players too.

Anyway you problem is solved if you submit a recording before you make the great score that you can not/do not want to beat. This applies to cameltry too: you could have submitted a recording without lottery easily -you would not had to play it so many times then. If your trick would have been seen as ok from other players, thencould have gone for the "maximum performance". Or submitted warp/"sweet spot" separately etc...

This also applies to playback problems...first submit a test score, after that submit the best score you can do. If anyone is interested in confirming the test score :) ....If none confirms your test score, make at comment field "anyone can playback this" etc.

I believe anyone here has a right to start a vote, which is right in my opinion. We don't want editors to have too much "power"(In a videogame site, hehe). Anyway, if the voting options are unfair, or the concept of the vote is not really right -then the vote can be cancelled by public discussion, maybe editors etc.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Francois Daniel »

Novice wrote:[
[/
In fact, either poll wins,commenters lose nothing.
only victim has risk. it is unfair.
no one want to be a victim in other words, marp will invite very few new tricks.
at least I will never.
When you play a sport like Footbal or Athletics. There was rules. When fosbury find his trick in High Jump. Those who judges if the trick is good doesn't know make the trick. But they judge the trick is good, because it's a fair trick in the rules of Hi Jump. You are'nt objective because you are not able to make a difference betwin a cheat trick and a fair trick. As I said elsewhere, its my work to verify cheat and tricks in Video Games. I succes over 1000 tricks in 15 years of play. And I know where is that difference. Now when I see a trick, I know if its a fair or unfair (cheat) trick. And I know also I can perform this trick if I spent enough time on it.

As you don't know make this difference I think, in your words, you haven't the right to launch this poll. It's logical, as you said.

Francois
piot
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by piot »

Francois Daniel wrote: When fosbury find his trick in High Jump. Those who judges if the trick is good doesn't know make the trick. But they judge the trick is good, because it's a fair trick in the rules of Hi Jump.
Good example François ! Closer to game playing than mine ;)
Piot
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Ban Hisa from Marp? That is silly. His poll simply states: if people want to participate in a vote to ban a certain technique, they must first demonstrate they can do the technique. It has been stated over and over that all games have rules. This is true. However we don't let professional ballet dancers vote on the rules of boxing. Hisa is just asking for a more 'informed' vote. Whether or not people agree with his poll, asking for Hisa to be banned goes a bit too far in my opinion.

It seems lots of people can't stand Hisa. It also seems people would vote to have many of his scores banned simply because they don't like him. I would bet that if someone started a "Ban all of Hisa's Scores" poll, lots of people would vote for it. This is an unfortunate situation at marp.
diabolik
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by diabolik »

zlk wrote:His poll simply states: if people want to participate in a vote to ban a certain technique, they must first demonstrate they can do the technique.
I think he means more like: "If someone wants to make a poll about banning a certain technique, he must first demonstrate he can do the technique."

Sounds very reasonable to me.

I don't think he means that all the voters must perform the technique before they are eligible to vote.
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

diabolik wrote:
zlk wrote:His poll simply states: if people want to participate in a vote to ban a certain technique, they must first demonstrate they can do the technique.
I think he means more like: "If someone wants to make a poll about banning a certain technique, he must first demonstrate he can do the technique."

I don't think he means that the voters must perform the technique before they can vote.
Everything I want to say is what you said.

vote must be free. it is the democraty.

under current system, to make ban-poll is big weapon of proper top players.
In fact, who want to ban (equal boot me)this trick at camel try?? :lol:
Last edited by Novice on Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

For reference...
• from the above pulldown select "Rules and Regulations"
• click on the link for item 4 -- Rights as a member of MARP

MARP rules state that yes, anyone can start a poll of 7 days in length on any subject, and it requires 2/3 majority to be accepted. The MARP Regulation Coordinator (me!) can kill a vote, and that is what I will do here.

Since Novice has not stated more specifically which games his proposal would affect, I am declaring this poll null and void. For polls involving banning certain tricks and bugs, I would prefer to see a specific game and method in question mentioned and discussed. I cannot accept a general poll on this topic, it really needs to be game dependant.

I further add, and is my opinion, that a lack of skill level should not ban players from being able to participate in discussions and more importantly vote. By actually shrinking the voter base this would be undemocratic, so I would definitely kill a poll with that line of thought.

Novice, if you mean Robocop specifically, please start another poll.
Last edited by ***PL*** on Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

diabolik wrote:

I don't think he means that the voters must perform the technique before they can vote.
Ok, but exactly how would someone demonstrate that they can do the technique without uploading a recording of it?
And once they have uploaded recordings of the 'trick', they would be more inclined to agree with using it, seeing that they went to the effort to perform it in the first place!

I think the only reasonable possibility of a poll like this would be to only allow people who have uploaded recordings for a game (using trick or not!) to vote on rules which will change gameplay. But, as ***PL*** has rightly stated, currently anyone is allowed to vote on any poll, which seems the fairest option to me!

Anyway, ***PL*** has rejected this poll, so nothing more to discuss really!

Kranser.
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

***PL*** wrote: For reference...
• from the above pulldown select "Rules and Regulations"
• click on the link for item 4 -- Rights as a member of MARP

MARP rules state that yes, anyone can start a poll of 7 days in length on any subject, and it requires 2/3 majority to be accepted. The MARP Regualtion Coordinator (me!) can kill a vote, and that is what I will do here.

Since Novice has not stated more specifically which games his proposal would effect, I am declaring this poll null and void. For polls involving banning certain tricks and bugs, I would prefer to see a specific game and method in question discussed. I cannot accept a general poll on this topic, it really needs to be game dependant.

I further add, and my opinion is, that a lack of skill level should not ban players from being able to participate in discussions and more importantly vote. So I would kill a poll with that line of thought.

Novice, if you mean Robocop specifically, please start another poll.
OK. PL. :)
then remove this thread and poll.
I already do not care about it.
just I and new comers will never upload any new trick for marp.

Robocop bug???
I never ban any trick.
Last edited by Novice on Wed Mar 05, 2003 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE
zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by zlk »

Does this mean the poll to reject this poll is also null and void? :lol:
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

piot wrote:
Novice wrote:My opinion is "prove the trick by your skill. I will admit it is poor if you prove by your skill."
I think you're misunderstanding the meaning of "poor". It seems you take it as "easy" that isn't the right meaning (I haven't the feeling it is). "Poor" was just used for illustrating the trick should be disallowed that's all. Never it was a way to say you have no skill.
Actually I think he uses "poor" meaning bad.

He thinks his tricks for these games are very unique and very skillful so should be allowed for the score until others can also show from submitting an inp using the trick to match or beat his score. Then he would conclude it's a "poor" way to play the game and not requiring as much skill as he thinks it does.

I find that funny given QRS and I from our Cameltry inps are far more skilled at Cameltry than Novice is that he thinks we need to actually demonstrate we can do that warping into the walls trick also to prove it's a cheap way to play the game?

That is really strange logic.

You can watch people playing a game and tell if someone isn't playing by the rules of the game without having any skill at the game. You just understand how the game should be played is all.

Skill has nothing to do with understanding how the game works and how it should be played.