A few questions

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

zlk
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

A few questions

Post by zlk »

In the special rules of foodfight, it states the 255 man trick is banned. Does anyone know how to do this trick? It probably involves some variant of the die on the last man as you complete the level (Sinistar) type trick. Can anyone make an inp demonstrating this trick on foodfight?

The gamest record for double dragon is 999,900 or so. How on Earth is this score possible? In the arcades I could score about 125k by leeching. A normal run through the game scores about 85-95K. At MARP there are some inps in the 160k range. I could see perhaps a 200k score, but what could people be possibly doing to score close to one million? It seems like they would have to find an enemy that couldn't die and a way to stop the clock.

Thanks in advance....
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

Sometimes scores are 'rolled over' to a new game. For example, with double dragon, if you complete the game with three men, you put a new coin in & start all over again, ad infinitum. At the end, you simply add up all the game's scores & that your 'new record'. I doubt this was how the gamest record was done, but it's a way I've heard of some 'records' being made.