Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Lode Runner The Dig Fight (loderndf) Score Change Needed

Post by Barthax »

Hi all,

Due to having a really crap game on loderndf-g3, it has come to my attention that the scoring system for loderndf needs a minor alteration. The time indicated at the end of each level is the total time taken. Take my inp, I definitely did not take 19 minutes to complete the last level - it's impossible - the timer only goes up as far as 6 minutes.

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... 00&tourn=0

The current system is in favour of people that make mistakes late-on in the game. For example, if you make a mistake on the first level & you take 2 minutes, you will carry that 2 minutes on each subsequent level - penalizing you an additional 2 minutes for each level completed thereafter.

I suggest the scoring system for the loderndf-* games should be altered to:

10000*(levels complete) - (total time taken in seconds)

Total time taken is indicated at the end of the last successfully completed level.
Buttermaker
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Buttermaker »

Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Seconds of the game are not real seconds ; but it still shows how fast you complete the level, and we can easily deal with that since we have changed the 10k bonus by a 100k bonus recently to avoid any problem

Scoring for now is working perfectly IMO
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

Let me give a ficticious example.

Two players compete on the same three-stage course & each complete two stages at 30 second and one stage at 2 minutes.

The first player completes the first two at 30 second and the third at 2 minutes. The game would show the following records:

Stage one record: 30
Stage two record: 1 minute
Stage three record: 3 minutes

Total: 4.30 minutes.
Score: 29730

... as you would expect.

The second player completes the first stage in 2 minutes and then the following two stages in 30 seconds each.

Stage one record: 2 minutes
Stage two record: 2.30 minutes
Stage three record: 3 minutes

Total: 7.30 minutes
Score: 29550

Both of these player would have completed the whole game in the same time, but the record given at the end of the level is the total played time - not the time for the individual course.

I think the scoring system for this game needs changing to use only the last record - this is then the correct total time taken.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Mmmm ... maybe you're right ;
a few more work for editors then :)
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Post by Phil Lamat »

Recent SKL's input on loderndf-g7 shows that Barthax is right : "time record" is total time for ALL stages clear so scoring has definitely (and for the very last time I hope) to be changed ... more than that, it makes scoring much more easier now : no need to take notes of all times during the game and to do complex calculates now :)

SCORING = (nb stages clear)x10000 - (time record at last stage completed in seconds)

I've updated all special rules link and edit (again !) all my scores ; it's now up to editors or players to do the same for other scores
Barthax
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Barthax »

Thanks for the notice. I'll change mine.
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

Editors will be adjusting the scores over the weekend.
Frankie
Editor

Post by Frankie »

All scores edited. So, now all of you Lode Runner maniacs can start confirming the scores :)
Frankie