Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Camel Try Expert

Post by Francois Daniel »

Hi,

I read the inp of the top scorers of this game (cameltry-exp). And I see a very lame leech. They use bumpers on world 5 and stay here until the end time. But, they are 3 world behind ! I think it must be have a rule for this game for forbid this leech. Or accept it only if the player stop the leech for continue the game and reach the World 6...

Furthemore the technic used is very easy and no special or exceptionnal skills are needed.

Francois
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

I agree that if you leech like this, you must also finish the game.

How about making this topic into a poll?

Kranser.
Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Mr. Kelly R. Flewin »

Bah! No need for a poll on this! Someone will come along and not only leech the heck out of the bumpers, but then will manage to complete the stage and furthermore, end up completing expert mode as well and have a score to Pwn the other scores and make people wake up and try to beat that new score, to which unless they figure out a better method, will have to result in doing that... bumper mooch then end level.

Kelly
Just a gaming junkie looking for his next High Score fix.
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin wrote:Bah! No need for a poll on this! Someone will come along and not only leech the heck out of the bumpers, but then will manage to complete the stage and furthermore, end up completing expert mode as well and have a score to Pwn the other scores and make people wake up and try to beat that new score, to which unless they figure out a better method, will have to result in doing that... bumper mooch then end level.
Kelly
I'm not sure it's possible.

I don't know how make a poll. Somebody help ?

Francois
kranser
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by kranser »

To make a Poll you need to make a new message (I think you can also edit your 1st message in this topic to do it as well), and then fill in the fields: "Poll Question", "Option Description", "Length of Poll" etc... for each option description you need to click on "Add Option" before continuing with the next one (it will give you a new blank line to type in any more options you have).

Hope this makes sort of sense!

Kranser.
piot
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by piot »

:?
I saw the inp of the leaders, the score increases so quickly with the bumpers method (leech is a better word) that I think noone is able to score higher and go further at the same time.

I think, as a leech, the method described above has to be forbidden and the scores cancelled. :!:
Piot
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

You know, there's this great big thing in the middle on the screen labelled "TIME". As you have only one life, wouldn't the idea be to score as much as you can before time runs out, while still getting to the exit? Just a thought.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
piot
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by piot »

while still getting to the exit?
Because this requires more skill than just reach level 5 and let the bumpers score for you.
I don't know if you've watched the inps we talk about... Once the ball is behind the bumpers player only has to wait without doing anything else.

Which players should be congratulated, the ones who success throw further (and harder) levels or the ones who play the "easiest" level and score using a quite easy way ?
Piot
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

In most cases, items that give points are only there for no other reasons than to entice the player to go after them for points while running the risk of running out of time. The best player is the one who can get out the most points in the least time.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Francois Daniel
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

mahlemiut wrote:In most cases, items that give points are only there for no other reasons than to entice the player to go after them for points while running the risk of running out of time. The best player is the one who can get out the most points in the least time.
Yes, but marp had banned many techniques because they need no skills for made them. And this one need no skills, we can almost play without hands for make that. Where is the fun ? Where is the challenge ?

Francois
QRS
Editor

RE

Post by QRS »

Yeah.. I asked myself the same thing when the Toki leeching was allowed.. where is the fun in this??

About the leeching on cameltry. I did it myself when I played it a lot but I always was eager to run away as fast as possible to finish the stage with a proper time.At least with a time that made it possible to finish the game aftwerwards. The time bonus (if it is a large one) gives you many points in the end too.

I agree about the finishing part. If it is accepted to bounce there for a while you have to finish the stage. That game is not hard to finish, so there is not excuse not too.

If it is not allowed, it is fine with me. I don´t like spots like that in a game :)

QRS
QRS