Joust Dip Switches

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Yea, MAME32 is convenient in that I don't have to know what romset I want to play. :) Of course, there is always programs like emuloader to use the dos/win32 clients.
Dax
MARP Serf
MARP Serf

Post by Dax »

Hmm

I totally understand that we are creatures of habbit. And if using the command prompt is more comfortable than windows then do it. However, I don't see the allure in it. Ive used both and for me its a matter of keystrokes. Using windows I just dble click mame and then dble click the game, game starts(4 keystrokes). Using the command prompt I type mame directory then type mame and game name.(depending on name of directory and game upwards arround 25-40 keystrokes). Maybe im just lazy. If I want to change input or graphics etc I just go to the options and click what I want. Using the command prompt I have to type in a whole slew of things im not even going to get into, just to get the settings I want. Uuggh!! Too much typing, not enough playing. Not too mention that it just looks better with all the colorful icons and screen shots, instead of just a black screen with white type. Dull.