Spinmaster

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

BBH
Editor

Spinmaster

Post by BBH »

http://marp.retrogames.com/index.cgi?mo ... 00&tourn=0

Um, Chad? Why did you put Level-8 as the required difficulty level for Spinmaster? Dinko and I only played it on that difficulty because we could both finish it, making the game harder just allows us to get more points. The other recordings shouldn't be invalid because of that.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

oh shoot, i did that... i thought someone else did. Buttermaker mailed me saying those were the settings that should be, i checked the special rules which said 8 but i thought someone else did it for a good reason. The log says i changed it but i certainly don't remember why...

i'll change them back if the game really is supposed to be any difficulty level.
-skito
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

what I think happened is that back when I uploaded my recording, I used win35tg3 and it only played back with sound on... Gameboy9 made some notice in the Special Rules about specifying if sound should be on or off in the description, although that had yet to be proved to be the case with recordings on all versions, I think it was just a TGMAME thing. So that's why the Special Rules were there...

but anyways, as for the difficulty, Level-4 should be acceptable as there isn't infinite leeching that can be done or anything. Level-8 makes things harder but also makes it possible to get more points. That's all...
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

-skito