qbertjp

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

Abbe
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

qbertjp

Post by Abbe »

Does the 5 men only-rule for Q*bert only apply to qbert and not to qbertjp? It seems like the top scores for qbertjp continues until all their extra men is dead.
-Abbe
roncli
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by roncli »

It's probably a more difficult clone. Note that JBS got 959575 in 5 lives on qbert, but 340140 in all his lives on qbertjp.
-roncli
LN2
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by LN2 »

qbertjp is much more difficult than regular q*bert.

I think until someone gets at least like 2-3 million on the game turning it into several hours of play there is no reason to restrict this as 5 men only.

I submitted a couple weekends ago a new top score for qbertjp of 510,635(please verify it. :P )

The game was just shy of 1 hour of play. I wouldn't call that a marathon game where you need to have the special rule of 5 men only.

I was close to perhaps being able to sustain playing for longer where if I wanted I maybe could reach 1 million but the game is too intense with good timing required to be able to play it. No way anyone can marathon this version of q*bert. If someone beats that 510k game then I will return to playing it. I am working on other games currently. :P I would love for someone to challenge me in any of those Q*Bert games. :P I have some Ms. Pac and other scores I will upload shortly(likely this weekend)(only play back in macmame though :( Hopefully can get another macmame player to verify).