ESP.RA.DE. Final Scoring - BBH

General discussion on MAME, MARP, or whatever else that doesn't belong in any of the other forums

Moderators: mahlemiut, seymour, QRS

Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

do they have inps for those scores?
-skito
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

I've seen some interesting stuff, I know it's possible though (the 40M scores). BTW, I found this out myself, I haven't watched any of your recordings, so I don't know if you know this; hold A+B after you put in a credit, then press start. In the game, when you have that x16 or whatever number going, under where the hearts are shown it'll show you how much "time" is left before the multiplication of points is gone. I couldn't really find a better way to word that, but, I believe you'll understand. :) This might help a tad to get more points out of enemies. When you collect "boxes" while that multiplication dealie is on, your time left of that will stay up, which can be useful if you use your C button on the Alice Clone stage (Part 2 of Stage 5) when you have a x16 and all the boxes come out from the shots that you destroy, which will cause the time left to go up quite a bit, and allow you to get much more points than x1. :) You'll have to screw around with that stage to find the best place to use the C button. There is many places for boss "leeching", for example, the guy with the cape that let's out those set of ships that start to shoot in all types of directions, you can keep shooting at those, get the x16 and get many points and keep repeating. Hope this helps you BBH. :) Although you probably know most of this anyhow.

Of course, there is probably more things than that that could help boost your score (some guys nearly have the #1 scores and didn't even have ALL their lives!) so of course there are things I still don't know.

BBH, you already know this, so this is for the rest of the people: Using the B button on bosses seems to yield you more points than using the A button.

Thanks to Hisa for help on this, btw. Without him, I wouldn't have known much besides the A+B code that I've known for some time. :)
Last edited by sikraiken on Fri Jul 26, 2002 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

Chad wrote:do they have inps for those scores?
No. Most of them were probably done in the Arcades.

There are other people listed in there that speak English too, like look under other score lists and you will see Felix the Cat from Shumps.com .

I want to see the Time Attack scores for Dangun Feveron, but can't find any places with them, besides MARP. :)
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

Actually, to get the timer to appear, I think you can hold down any of the three buttons on the title screen. It's worked for me by holding down A by itself, C by itself, all three buttons at once, etc...
There is many places for boss "leeching", for example, the guy with the cape that let's out those set of ships that start to shoot in all types of directions, you can keep shooting at those, get the x16 and get many points and keep repeating. Hope this helps you BBH. :) Although you probably know most of this anyhow.
That's a good idea actually, I never thought to keep trying to destroy those little "ships" that Satoru leaves behind on the Houoh High School stage. The only problem is, when you use Yusuke you have to play that stage first, and he only has three "lifebars"... and you can only do the trick on the 2nd and 3rd. Oh well, maybe I should try using another character anyway.
Of course, there is probably more things than that that could help boost your score (some guys nearly have the #1 scores and didn't even have ALL their lives!) so of course there are things I still don't know.
I almost wish the reserve lives were worth more than a million at the end!!! I had 4 lives left and there are a lot of scores higher than me left with 2, 3, or even 1 life! Dammit.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

I wish I could beat the game. :P
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

BTW, to add on to end of game bonuses, I believe Dangun Feveron only gives you 500K for each life you have in reserve.

I just need to practice level 4+5 a bit more and maybe I can make it up there eventually. :) Final boss is murder though, he wouldn't be soo hard if that cat didn't move that fast. :)
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

at this site there is a ESP.RA.DE INP (30.957.710):

HERE

use mame32 37b11, sample rate 44100

I have a ESP.RA.DE video (real player) from 41.049.080 with IRORI
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

GHEMANT wrote:

at this site there is a ESP.RA.DE INP (30.957.710):

HERE

use mame32 37b11, sample rate 44100

I have a ESP.RA.DE video (real player) from 41.049.080 with IRORI
Veeery nice... I did learn an interesting pattern or two for the bosses, but otherwise, didn't really learn much for maximizing score... besides using J-B 5th, it seems. It looks like a lot of points can be earned on Houoh High School if you play it 3rd (with Yusuke you're forced to play it 1st)
GHEMANT
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by GHEMANT »

to realize high record (over 40.000.000) it is necessary:

no miss finish and x 16 bonus always

but..... the true secret is:

use leeching technique with all bosses

(use b button only against all bosses)
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

I guess I'll post the one Hisa gave me a link to.

http://www.geocities.com/char_senyou2002/inp/

Go there, get hcmame058.zip and esprade.zip

He had one very stupid death, 30,244,150 points in the end.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote:I guess I'll post the one Hisa gave me a link to.
Are you Hisa's best friend now or something?
Novice
The greatest info supplyer

Post by Novice »

BBH wrote:
I am the best friend of human.(except extreme stupid)
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

BBH wrote:
What kinda remark was that, BBH?

I had asked a question to Hisa in a PM about ESP.RA.DE and he gave me good information. It was just by chance that I had asked him about this game. No reason to come on snotty, which it seems like you were.
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

JoeyL21988 wrote:
BBH wrote:
What kinda remark was that, BBH?

I had asked a question to Hisa in a PM about ESP.RA.DE and he gave me good information. It was just by chance that I had asked him about this game. No reason to come on snotty, which it seems like you were.
I call 'em like I see 'em.

You want to talk snotty? What about your "Oh yeah, I already knew that" remarks after I had to figure out what the end bonus meant in English on my own? Why did you bother replying if you already knew this stuff? Why not actually post and clear it up after you'd learned what it meant, instead of waiting all this time?

I guess it's not entirely your fault, it's Hisa who doesn't like to share information with everyone. "Best friend of human" my ass.
sikraiken
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by sikraiken »

BBH wrote:
I call 'em like I see 'em.

You want to talk snotty? What about your "Oh yeah, I already knew that" remarks after I had to figure out what the end bonus meant in English on my own? Why did you bother replying if you already knew this stuff? Why not actually post and clear it up after you'd learned what it meant, instead of waiting all this time?

I guess it's not entirely your fault, it's Hisa who doesn't like to share information with everyone. "Best friend of human" my ass.
I apologize. Didn't realize I came across like that. :? I'm immature, what can I say. :(

I just didn't post the info. No reason why, just didn't.

And Hisa asked me in a different post to send him PMs instead of posts written to him. Which is probably why he only gave me the information, instead of writing it here.