Pong (srsly?!) & sextriv

Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

giro-X
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Pong (srsly?!) & sextriv

Post by giro-X »

I can't believe of how many obvious things I'm about to state...
"Thanks" :roll: :roll: :roll: to saulon for pointing out. We're extremely sure uploading a 11pts replay on Pong was a way to denounce the problem and not trying to climb the leaderboard.
Pong was even listed in the very old Banned games on MARP list, as it is a double player game.
Fact is, clones of Pong have increased over time and we forgot to archive/exclude the new additions.

So, currently
pong
pongd
pongf
need to be archived.

Also, Sex Triv (sextriv) needs to be archived, it's one of those Status Quiz games with very basic score system and questions are not casual; it just slipped out of our control, nothing new.
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Re: Pong (srsly?!) & sextriv

Post by Phil Lamat »

I agree, it's up to Pat to archive this.
I was quite sure pong was already archived (probably when it was no longer emulated after 0.36) but it was probably unarchived when back in Mame.
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

Archived the following games:

*pong "Pong (Rev E) external [TTL]"
*pongd "Pong Doubles [TTL]"
*pongf "Pong (Rev E) [TTL]"

*sextriv "Sex Triv"
*sextriv1 "Sexual Trivia (Version 1.02SB, set 1)"
*sextriv2 "Sexual Trivia (Version 1.02SB, set 2)"
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

Sextriv has 6 questions in same order and gives same score.
Sextriv1 and sextriv2 have many questions in random order and score depends on speed, so I wonder why you archived them.
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

PP. wrote:Sextriv has 6 questions in same order and gives same score.
Sextriv1 and sextriv2 have many questions in random order and score depends on speed, so I wonder why you archived them.
OK, thanks. I thought all three were the same. I'll unarchive sextriv1 and sextriv2.
***PL***
Editor

Post by ***PL*** »

sextriv1 & sextriv2 might be way too easy. Who cares about random questions! Both games have 2 perfect scores from the same 2 players. I may just archive anyway.
tar
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by tar »

[quote = "giro - x" ]Pong was even listed in the very old Banned games on MARP list, as it is a double player game.[/quote] you can play with yourself e.g. rip -off , joust etc. two player games that can be manipulated by a single person . I meant play by yourself
you have to excuse me I am busy playing Metroid mission zero for Gameboy advance and I have to deafeat ridley to obtain super missles . 15 years later and I discover the sequel to Metroid and castle vania symphony of the night?( Circle of the moon) Pray for me that I defeat evil.
Attachments
20140312_182817_577655_VeSkd.jpg
20140312_182817_577655_VeSkd.jpg (185.37 KiB) Viewed 8541 times
OutRunner
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by OutRunner »

***PL*** wrote:sextriv1 & sextriv2 might be way too easy. Who cares about random questions! Both games have 2 perfect scores from the same 2 players. I may just archive anyway.
Excuse me for the offtopic...
Recently I played the video game "Mogura Desse". It's a Konami's Test PCB with a tiny mini-game so easy. There is SIX perfect plays: http://replay.marpirc.net/r/mogura
It's not the same case? With all respects to the leaders, of course.
PP.
MARPaltunnel Wrists
MARPaltunnel Wrists

Post by PP. »

OutRunner wrote: Excuse me for the offtopic...
Recently I played the video game "Mogura Desse". It's a Konami's Test PCB with a tiny mini-game so easy. There is SIX perfect plays: http://replay.marpirc.net/r/mogura
It's not the same case? With all respects to the leaders, of course.
Mogura its a game with a max score of 50, but not anybody can make 50. I tried but I can't. Can you?