Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

ballas
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Re: saulonpb and his scores

Post by ballas »

simpsons99 wrote:
kernzy wrote:also, BBH, us fair gamers don't like cheaters. they ruin gamesmanship, and bring the "sport" into disrepute. i admire your neutral stance, but enough is enough.
i also, have uploaded scores on easier settings, but have mentioned it in the comments, and would never do so for a number 1 placing. i have since zeroed these scores myself, rather than argue about it.
i admire top gamers, and despise cheaters. cheaters see themselves as losers, otherwise, they would not cheat.
if i saw a thread with MY NAME on it, i would be a rash all over it, justifying myself.
to see a true cheaters response on this, we will wait an infinite amount of eternity. so far, this is the case...
tick bloody tock...
i actually cannot believe you confirmers are so passive to cheating, especially with number 1 placings. that is blatant disregard for the rules, on which this site is based.
if i was a confirmer, i would be LIVID, with the amount of time i would have WASTED watching fraudulent inp's.
i wish i had your patience.
there you go. that is my 1 billion and 2 cents worth!!!!!!!
:wink:
I completely Agree with you .. I have been saying this for awhile here .. Something needs to change here .. If his scores keep getting 0 He keeps submitting the same Imp.

He did it again to take a first place from BBH ... BBH is a great player and would never cheat anyone out of anything . It's a slap in the face.. If he did this at TG He would be banned for Life!
Remember at TG .inp's could not be seen by everyone unless the player allowed it. So who knows.
KVD
Koos van Dyk
Johannesburg
SOUTH AFRICA
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

First of all let me state something for the record since you guys may not be up on your MARP history. In the 15 years that MARP has been around, only one person has been completely banned because of how disruptive he was to the forums AND website (and he ended up sneaking back in on a new account anyway it seems). The rules have always been pretty loose here... because we're a bunch of people that really enjoy playing old arcade games. And games are played for fun. Unfortunately people often lose sight of this in the face of competition... some people will do anything to claim the title of top score, and some people get egos over things and butt heads with others...
kernzy wrote:also, BBH, us fair gamers don't like cheaters. they ruin gamesmanship, and bring the "sport" into disrepute. i admire your neutral stance, but enough is enough.
i also, have uploaded scores on easier settings, but have mentioned it in the comments, and would never do so for a number 1 placing. i have since zeroed these scores myself, rather than argue about it.
i admire top gamers, and despise cheaters. cheaters see themselves as losers, otherwise, they would not cheat.
if i saw a thread with MY NAME on it, i would be a rash all over it, justifying myself.
to see a true cheaters response on this, we will wait an infinite amount of eternity. so far, this is the case...
tick bloody tock...
i actually cannot believe you confirmers are so passive to cheating, especially with number 1 placings. that is blatant disregard for the rules, on which this site is based.
if i was a confirmer, i would be LIVID, with the amount of time i would have WASTED watching fraudulent inp's.
So you don't think people should ever get second chances at MARP? Once you're a "cheater" (whether you're aware of it or not), you're banished forever from the site? I'm curious who else thinks this is a good idea, considering that MARP is a pretty low-traffic community. If we were to ban everyone that broke a rule on their uploads, that would cut down the number of uploads to the site by an even larger margin!

Am I disappointed when people try to cheat at MARP? Absolutely, it's sad when people knowingly break the rules. But he has uploaded plenty of legal recordings that don't break the rules. I would be more in favor of banning someone if they were being a nuisance on purpose and did nothing BUT upload fake scores or recordings with lots of autofire and slowdown. saulonpb obviously enjoys participating on this site but I don't know what he's trying to accomplish with some of these stunts. As it is, if he's going to upload recordings that break the rules, all he's going to accomplish is a waste of his time because the scores won't stand.

Yes I'm taking a neutral stance on the matter because I don't think it's for the better of the site that people be banned unless they prove to be completely disruptive and/or harmful to the site or forums. I don't think he falls under that criteria. Can't speak for how the other editors feel on the matter, obviously. And besides, I have to be neutral since the two people who want him banned obviously have their own biases against him. If other people feel like this is truly a problem then they need to speak up.

simpsons99 wrote:He did it again to take a first place from BBH ... BBH is a great player and would never cheat anyone out of anything . It's a slap in the face.. If he did this at TG He would be banned for Life!
The Dyger recording? I've not watched it yet but given the size of the score, I'm going to guess that he did something along the lines of the infinite 1-up loop that I mentioned was in the game in the recording I uploaded back in 2002. Nothing was ever done about the game (probably because it's not a very good game and nobody really cares), but perhaps it would be time to take a look at figuring out what to do in regards to disallowing infinite score looping for that game. Probably a change to 5 lives only or something.

(and thanks for the compliment)
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

why i am joining in on this is because of the complete waste of time it is for confirmers to "confirm" a score, find out it is a cheat, and leave it unconfirmed, and still on the board. if i was a confirmer, i would be mega pissed.
secondly, his score was edited to the MARP rules' score, and then he changed it back again. that, is blatantly out of order. like i said, he is treating MARP staff as though they are idiots.
thirdly, i never said to ban him. but if i were you, i would give him some kind of warning, even if it is just to stop him wasting your time. how many games have you tried and failed to confirm? how many hours? how many forced edit's have you been made to do? how long is this thread already?
he is not just cheating Marp, he is cheating everyone. he doesn't need to. i'm bewildered as to why he does. i can't imagine cheating on kung fu master or space invaders. why would i? i can't even answer that question, that's how stupid it is.
you have to send him a private message.
"OUTOFIRE é proibido ON MARP. SO está traindo e brincar com controles."
Maybe he will take note?
thieves even steal things that are free of charge?
shit! #-o
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

holy crap!!!
even today it is happening!!
"xcexpert keyboard [claimed 259,500, DQed for using autofire -br]--no auto fire, put my score correctly, where is the print screen to prove??? post it at marp�s forum?? [anyone can see it's autofire from the -inpview command. All your button presses only last for 1 frame, which is pretty much impossible for a human to do, especially at the consistency shown in this recording. and don't edit your scores to be fake scores please - bbh]"
he argues back and then you say "please play nicely"?
"please?"
:-? :-x :oops: :evil: :roll: #-o [-X [-o< ](*,) =; :-s
how about giving a link to this thread on his comments box?
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

Ty for the respond ... His Dyger recording has been DQ'D Like 3 or 4 times because of Auto Fire .. He keeps changing the score back after it has be DQ'D

This is not right .. It needs to stop.. Like you said I do not want anyone Banned from the site because players doing this is kind of a rare thing ..
But if the Rules are not being Followed things need to happen.. Maybe he can not submit scores for awhile?

Something needs to happen to make him stop from this cheating.. I know he is a great player when he is playing Street Fighter ... Now he is playing other games that he is not as good at.. He needs to cheat to get those first place scores ..

In which is a slap in the face to someone that takes pride in this site and enjoys everything about it.. There is not another site like Marp ..

I find it really strange thinking about to one of the Events here.. One of the games in the round was a Street Fighter game .. I knew a great score was coming from him... Strangely he did not play that round...

Yes I do not know the complete history of this site .. I have learned of Team accounts .. Now that is totally wrong!
BBH wrote:First of all let me state something for the record since you guys may not be up on your MARP history. In the 15 years that MARP has been around, only one person has been completely banned because of how disruptive he was to the forums AND website (and he ended up sneaking back in on a new account anyway it seems). The rules have always been pretty loose here... because we're a bunch of people that really enjoy playing old arcade games. And games are played for fun. Unfortunately people often lose sight of this in the face of competition... some people will do anything to claim the title of top score, and some people get egos over things and butt heads with others...
tick bloody tock...
So you don't think people should ever get second chances at MARP? Once you're a "cheater" (whether you're aware of it or not), you're banished forever from the site? I'm curious who else thinks this is a good idea, considering that MARP is a pretty low-traffic community. If we were to ban everyone that broke a rule on their uploads, that would cut down the number of uploads to the site by an even larger margin!

Am I disappointed when people try to cheat at MARP? Absolutely, it's sad when people knowingly break the rules. But he has uploaded plenty of legal recordings that don't break the rules. I would be more in favor of banning someone if they were being a nuisance on purpose and did nothing BUT upload fake scores or recordings with lots of autofire and slowdown. saulonpb obviously enjoys participating on this site but I don't know what he's trying to accomplish with some of these stunts. As it is, if he's going to upload recordings that break the rules, all he's going to accomplish is a waste of his time because the scores won't stand.

Yes I'm taking a neutral stance on the matter because I don't think it's for the better of the site that people be banned unless they prove to be completely disruptive and/or harmful to the site or forums. I don't think he falls under that criteria. Can't speak for how the other editors feel on the matter, obviously. And besides, I have to be neutral since the two people who want him banned obviously have their own biases against him. If other people feel like this is truly a problem then they need to speak up.

simpsons99 wrote:He did it again to take a first place from BBH ... BBH is a great player and would never cheat anyone out of anything . It's a slap in the face.. If he did this at TG He would be banned for Life!
The Dyger recording? I've not watched it yet but given the size of the score, I'm going to guess that he did something along the lines of the infinite 1-up loop that I mentioned was in the game in the recording I uploaded back in 2002. Nothing was ever done about the game (probably because it's not a very good game and nobody really cares), but perhaps it would be time to take a look at figuring out what to do in regards to disallowing infinite score looping for that game. Probably a change to 5 lives only or something.

(and thanks for the compliment)
If you have a FB Account I'm Brian Allen
On KLOV and other sites I'm Simpsons99
Arcade Game Scores
DKJR 1,073,800 Level F Kill screen !
DK3 TG MED Skill Level 1,365,000 Level 80?
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

kernzy wrote:thirdly, i never said to ban him.
I could have sworn you did, but I noticed you've been sneakily editing some posts in this thread. Yes, I saw those remarks you originally made about Brazil... probably for the better that you edited that out but don't let your anger get the better of you.

The Mystic Riders thing apparently happened a couple weeks ago but I didn't see it until now.

His new Dyger recording is not autofire (at least not from what I've seen), the button presses are definitey more in line with a regular person pressing and releasing the buttons. The score comes from checkpoint milking, since the game sends you back when you die and there's an extra life every 150k. He gets a lot of his points from one boss where he just continually shoots missiles until he messes up and dies. There's technically been no official ruling on this, but something should probably be done about it (and I'm not sure how anyone could find playing in this manner fun...)

Keep in mind that not everyone regularly checks the forum, but yes he needs to have a chance to try and defend his actions.
mahlemiut
Editor

Post by mahlemiut »

Actually, saulonpb pretty much just leeches off of the last boss for ages. There's no timeout for any boss, so as long as you don't die, you're okay.

It's another one of those great cures for insomnia. ;)
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

BBH wrote:are you hoping he gets banned from MARP because of him "targeting" scores of yours in the past?

I did ever use the word Banned you did BBH... I have not edited any of my posts
Arcade Game Scores
BBH
Editor

Post by BBH »

simpsons99 wrote:
BBH wrote:are you hoping he gets banned from MARP because of him "targeting" scores of yours in the past?

I did ever use the word Banned you did BBH... I have not edited any of my posts
simpsons99 wrote:Yeah he has made a lot of great friends here .. He is a wonderful Player ... My goodness Paul I will join you in this Beat down. :D

Let's take a vote on checking all his scores and removing him.. =D>

Super Cheater :^o
Removing him, banning him, same thing.
Haze
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by Haze »

are you sure he's even good at Street Fighter?

he says 'Expert Keyboard'

It could be one of those that allows you to program macros (to execute moves more easily), as well as autofire..

once a cheat, always a cheat and all that...
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

I completely agree with you.. I have no Idea what this Master Keyboard is .

He really started saying this when he started cheating .

He will do anything for a first place .

Seems he has forgotten his password for the fourms here . What a shame like he talked here anyways.

I wish he would respond here
Haze wrote:are you sure he's even good at Street Fighter?

he says 'Expert Keyboard'

It could be one of those that allows you to program macros (to execute moves more easily), as well as autofire..

once a cheat, always a cheat and all that...
Arcade Game Scores
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

so brian, you blocked me on facebook? lol!
that is just plain silly, mate.
merry xmas.
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

kernzy wrote:so brian, you blocked me on facebook? lol!
that is just plain silly, mate.
merry xmas.

I got sick of you bad mouthing my Donkey Kong Posts . Telling us to play a Real Game.
Arcade Game Scores
kernzy
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by kernzy »

you exaggerate immensely.
you have a long block list...
O:)
simpsons99
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by simpsons99 »

kernzy wrote:you exaggerate immensely.
you have a long block list...
O:)
Well if your not my friend then you should not be on my fb or able to view anything I am saying .

I have all these people attacking my scores again .. I am the most hated guy in classic gaming.. No longer Billy Mitchell
Arcade Game Scores