Discussion about MARP's regulation play

Moderator: BBH

el wil
Button Masher
Button Masher

Special Rule for Astropal.

Post by el wil »

Hello people!
Special rule for Astropal because I made my score on just one phase.

The new score was playing in more than one phase.
So I think this:

Astropal special rule: Get as many points as possible, only the first phase
I think it's not just overcome my score, playing in several phases.
What do you think?
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator

Re: Special Rule for Astropal.

Post by Phil Lamat »

Same thing than last discussion about potnpokr : emulation has improved, game was broken before.
0.127u7: Couriersud fixed Astropal - Game now playable.

Why do you want to keep recording made when game was broken ?
If you want to retake 1st place, you will have to use m128+

Same thing happened by the past with other games
(example : shanghai, only 1st level was playable during a while)
el wil
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by el wil »

O.k :(

I think I made the perfect stage and it was almost impossible to make more points or to repeat the game I did.

With Wolf 130,the maximum points is 9990 after that score,the game back to 0 points!! 8O

My question is:

When the marker score back to zero points, I lose points, or continue to add?
Tuncay
Button Slapper
Button Slapper

Post by Tuncay »

el wil wrote:With Wolf 130,the maximum points is 9990 after that score,the game back to 0 points!! 8O

My question is:

When the marker score back to zero points, I lose points, or continue to add?
That is an interesting question to me. Here is what I would expect: If the highest possible score of game (counter limit) is reached easily, then there should be a special rule adding the score before. If it is already too hard to reach that limit, then it should be noted that maximum is reached. In that case, you would be a Master of that game without any other challenge left in game.
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

There is still an issue if the game is broken or not, in which case when it is fixed and it is not possible to get such a high score easily then the previous scores will be removed or adjusted to the fixed version's emulation/rules. Assuming the game is fixed: If the counter continues you will add 10000 to your score and keep going, if the counter does not continue you have to record 9999 and maybe a time at which you reached that point to figure out who is the master of the masters. marp doesn't include timing in the scoring yet, but harp (a marp like site for home console gamers) does.

http://www.homeactionreplay.org/search.php?mode=uploads

There you can always know how long the recording lasted in time so there is always a tiebreaker.
-skito
el wil
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by el wil »

O.K Chad!
I understand that the game crashes after the first stage, but I do not understand why, can not put a particular rule, so that you can try to make the maximum possible score, just playing in the first stage, I think Until this game, do you mind to function properly, this rule is especially good for people to try this great challenge.
Just one last question ... do you think that my score "5160" could be approved with a special rule?.
I get this question because when you do the game Astropal, proper functioning mind, I do think that this score in just one stage, nobody has to miss the opportunity to see what.... modesty is part of corse :^o :-"
Chad
Tournament Coordinator

Post by Chad »

I think special rules for a partially working game are completely legitimate until the game is fixed! But i won't put up special rules just for you unless you clean up those recordings which don't playback because you failed to test them :)

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14533
-skito
el wil
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by el wil »

Thank you very much for all this information, you are making me get Chad. :D

Speaking on the second theme, I hope that after my titanic effort to raise all these scores, (haha) you can do a great job, and explain how to start right mind games, or make special rules, etc, etc, etc.
A greeting! :wink: