Future of KoA3 and T6

Discussion about the MAME Championships
http://sawys.ifrance.com/K7.htm

Moderator: Knockout Coordinators

Post Reply
User avatar
jdllama
Button Masher
Button Masher
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 3:27 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Contact:

Future of KoA3 and T6

Post by jdllama » Mon May 13, 2002 1:47 pm

First of all, don't worry; I only made the subject sound foreboding just to get your attention :)

The original plans for the tournaments were to be that KoA3 would start sometime in May, and after it's done, T6 would kick into gear.

Unfortunately, duties at Twin Galaxies are making me have to withdraw that. You see, sure, I'm a new referee there, so it SHOULD be the good life, but from June 1 to August 31, they want all the new referees to run as many competitions as possible on the consoles they are in charge in. This would lead to a conflict in interest here with KoA3, so there were two choices: Either I step down & we vote another person into the KoA3 committee, or we wait until T6 is done to go into KoA3 mode. The last thing I wanted was to hold back KoA3 more with inane voting, not to mention leaving only Brian Mclean as the person with experience, so I've decided to stall on KoA3 instead.

I've already talked this over with Aquatarkus, and he has no qualms with this as far as I can tell. To put it blatantly, the ball's in his court, in the second quarter, two home runs remaining with a hat trick left on the chess board.
- Jeffrey "J.D." Lowe, Jr.

User avatar
mahlemiut
Editor
Posts: 4133
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2002 10:05 pm
Location: New Zealand
Contact:

Post by mahlemiut » Mon May 13, 2002 4:39 pm

WHOA! A post! 8O

Anyway, it doesn't bother me which way around either one is, so long as they get done.
- Barry Rodewald
MARP Assistant Web Maintainer
Image

Novice
The greatest info supplyer
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:28 am
Location: earth
Contact:

Re: Future of KoA3 and T6

Post by Novice » Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:11 am

Defcon= 3

AGAIN!
"King of Arcade" is false.
King of MARP. is right.

MAME championships is not right.
MARP championship is right.

OK?
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE

Frankie
Editor
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Future of KoA3 and T6

Post by Frankie » Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:42 am

Novice wrote:Defcon= 3

AGAIN!
"King of Arcade" is false.
King of MARP. is right.

MAME championships is not right.
MARP championship is right.

OK?
Well, as people not active on MARP can join easily, and play without having a recording on MARP it might not even be called MARP Championship, eh?

Don't you have better things to do, than look for old postings like this, to insult us?

Its played on the MAME emulator, that's why it called MAME Championship. Maybe we should call it MAME WORLD Championship, now that would make you go crazy, right?
Frankie

Novice
The greatest info supplyer
Posts: 507
Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:28 am
Location: earth
Contact:

Re: Future of KoA3 and T6

Post by Novice » Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:34 am

DEFCON=3
Frankie wrote:Well, as people not active on MARP can join easily, and play without having a recording on MARP it might not even be called MARP Championship, eh?
Don't you have better things to do, than look for old postings like this, to insult us?
Its played on the MAME emulator, that's why it called MAME Championship. Maybe we should call it MAME WORLD Championship, now that would make you go crazy, right?
All players are MARP players. no doubt. active/non active is not problem.
half of top 30 LB players are not active.
Insult you??
No way!
I simply bow down to your thousands of recordings!!
I can not do same as you. you are rank-4 player on LB and rank-1 player amount of recordings.
I am 21st and 74th. just a smaller player than you... at MARP :lol:

MARP is the largest MAME site I know.
but join only 600-700 people.

do you know how many people exist who does not know MARP/better than champion?
We can find thousands of players who plays much better than current marp top at game centers.
everything what I want to say is

"MAME WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" is a little difference from the fact.

If you think "Japan is out of the world", it may true.
but I wonder do you play the game what made in "out of THE WORLD"for WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ??
paradox.
DEFence CONdition
WAR 1<< >>7 PEACE

Frankie
Editor
Posts: 905
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:16 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Future of KoA3 and T6

Post by Frankie » Sat Feb 01, 2003 3:11 pm

Novice wrote: All players are MARP players. no doubt. active/non active is not problem.
half of top 30 LB players are not active.
Insult you??
No way!
I simply bow down to your thousands of recordings!!
I can not do same as you. you are rank-4 player on LB and rank-1 player amount of recordings.
I am 21st and 74th. just a smaller player than you... at MARP :lol:

Thank you, always nice to get some praise :wink:
Novice wrote:do you know how many people exist who does not know MARP/better than champion?
We can find thousands of players who plays much better than current marp top at game centers.
everything what I want to say is

"MAME WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" is a little difference from the fact.

If you think "Japan is out of the world", it may true.
but I wonder do you play the game what made in "out of THE WORLD"for WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ??
paradox.
We all know that, what makes me wonder is what is wrong with the name Mame Championship. None of the above explains that. How come if you are so good that you don't play any of the tournaments here at MARP, to show us that you are one of those japanese players who are better than the rest of the world. I think you are afraid that you won't win, and only get second or third. Could that be?

So as long as you don't compete, what do you care what we call our tournaments?

I know you are a better player than me, I know there are tons of players that are better than me. I play for fun, and I don't intend to complete all games or play the perfect game, cause I don't have those skills. But at least I don't try to insult all and everyone with stupid remarks about everything.

I've played all sorts of computer/arcade games since the early 80's, and I do it for fun. The tournaments here at MARP are also for fun with no prices, and I can't see what's wrong with the name MAME Championship. Do you really think that we believe the winner of that tournament is the best player in the world? Think again.
Frankie

User avatar
Chad
Tournament Coordinator
Posts: 4463
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2002 3:15 pm
Location: calif

Post by Chad » Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:26 pm

Mame championships taken litterally means if you win you are the champion of all mame. But that's proly not how to undestand it. It's just a contest.


Like us stupid Americans call baseball championships in Amercia the "Professional World series" (Not counting the little leauge world series) and they are "World" champions if they win. Any american who reads the news can tell you that's bull crap. You're not a true world champion unless you compete with the rest of the world. But it's just a phrase that stuck and we all use it, and hope maybe someday it'll mean what it litterally means when the whole world competes in a world baseball league.
-skito

User avatar
lagavulin
MARP Serf
MARP Serf
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 5:05 pm
Location: Bordeaux
Contact:

Post by lagavulin » Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:05 pm

Note also it's called MAME Championship, and not MAME "World" championship. So it's a common name for a simple MAME event, like any local tennis or golf - or what you want - competition. In my club, they organised a Golf Championship ( Note the analogy : Golf Championship - MAME Championship. ). So what ? Do you think the winner ( 4 over par ) thinks he's better than Tiger Woods ?
Frankie is right : instead of talking, you ( Novice ) 'd better try to win the next tournament which begins in a few days :) ... It would be the better way to show that all marpers are crap players.
Lagavulin,
2003 MARP Tournament Coordinator.

User avatar
Phil Lamat
Regulation Coordinator
Posts: 2014
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:19 am

Post by Phil Lamat » Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:20 pm

Even without playing the whole tourney, see a japanese player using a tg version would be a "world" event :)

User avatar
BBH
Editor
Posts: 1564
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2002 7:06 am
Location: Portland, Oregon
Contact:

Re: Future of KoA3 and T6

Post by BBH » Sun Feb 02, 2003 4:28 am

Frankie wrote:
Novice wrote:Defcon= 3

AGAIN!
"King of Arcade" is false.
King of MARP. is right.

MAME championships is not right.
MARP championship is right.

OK?
Don't you have better things to do, than look for old postings like this, to insult us?
OF COURSE HE DOESN'T!!!
Its played on the MAME emulator, that's why it called MAME Championship. Maybe we should call it MAME WORLD Championship, now that would make you go crazy, right?
Hahahaha, that would rock

Post Reply