Golden Era Game of the Week 7/23/05: Qix

Golden Era Game of the Week
http://www.gegotw.net/

Moderators: Marco Marocco, Weehawk

dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

destructor wrote:Heh, I totally wrong play this game. Donald quietly without nerve. Very good.
Thanks, Des :)

You seem to have less trouble building the trap than I do though...the Qix seem like they are usually farther away for you. I noticed the same thing on Seance's 199K (sometimes he builds the trap with the Qix very close but he still lives somehow!). I tried starting out going left instead of right but that didn't seem to make a difference for me.

The thing you did on the first screen was cool. Was that the same trick that skito mentioned on Quazar's recording? I didn't have time to fire up my Windows 98 machine to try and play that one back.

I still want to know how people got over 1M on this game.
Zhorik
MARP Seer
MARP Seer

Post by Zhorik »

In some cases I think the better question is how TG accepted certain scores. In this case that may not be the problem, but in some cases I'm sure it is.
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

dbh wrote:The thing you did on the first screen was cool. Was that the same trick that skito mentioned on Quazar's recording?
Yes. I noticed that this trick is possible on 2 first stages only where is one qix only. Probably I close invisible second qix.

I attach here inp where qix is blocked on stage 1 - similiar to my MARP inp where qix is blocked on stage 2.

One time I saw how 2 qix's are blocked (I don't record it). One qix stay near right wall, second qix near bottom wall and they can't move.

I'm interested how players from TG made score over 1mln.
Attachments
qix_close1.zip
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 326 times
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Results:
1st: Don Hayes
2nd: destructor@HotTeam.pl
3rd: KOZA

Don takes first and all 6 bonus points for a total of 16.

http://www.gegotw.net/news.html
John Cunningham (JTC)