Golden Era Game of the Week
http://www.gegotw.net/

Moderators: Marco Marocco, Weehawk

Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Infernal Inferno...

Post by Weehawk »

Robert Griffin wrote:Actually, I wasn't trying to be sneaky and submit my score at the last minute... 8)

I got a score of 566k the night before, and I had planned on uploading it when I got home at 4:30pm PST, thinking that would be fine.

When I went to the MARP site to upload, I saw Destructor (690k) & Skito (587k) had both beat my score :o So, I went "oh crap" :!: , and had to play another game to try and beat the score, which I did...

My gaming computer is not my computer I have hooked to the internet, and my computer I have hooked to the internet doesn't have a floppy drive :?

So, I had to install a CD recording program on my gaming computer, which luckily had a CDRW drive, burn the game onto a CDRW, and transfer that to my internet computer.

By this time it was about 23:56 or so, and try as I may, the file would not upload.

Finally got through too late :cry:

Oh, well...I had fun :!:

Thanks everyone :D
Very unfortunate.

And there's no rule against being sneaky and waiting. I think SiKrAiKeN holds the record with his winning entry on Super Pac-man submitted 49 seconds before midnight.

But is must be logged at MARP before midnight.
John Cunningham (JTC)