Golden Era Game of the Week 4/30/05: Moon Patrol

Golden Era Game of the Week
http://www.gegotw.net/

Moderators: Marco Marocco, Weehawk

QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

When I first learned about the rule that you are not getting the prize if you not beat your own score I thought for a minute "ehhr why?" When John explained why it took me only a few min to understand that good and fair thing about it and I really think it is a great rule! Even though I really hope to improve my own score this week, I'm quite satisfied with my results anyway. And IF I would have succeded beating my 597k score a good firstplace would have been better.

If you are good at a game you should produce something more than just beating others.. you should make progress compared to your OWN previous score too.

The only thing that still sucks is that I was so damn close.. and it is not about the money.. it is my own record I'm talking about :)

Sampras score of 400k+ is a great score and deserves the bounty. After watching his recording I would not doubt for a minute that he is capable of beating the wr with enough time on his hands. Congrats Sampras!
QRS
sampras
Button Masher
Button Masher

Post by sampras »

Thank you QRS, but you're 10.000 times better than me at moon patrol...
Pheraps I still try to beat the WR in mpatrolw and i hope you do the same... and DES too...

Fully agree with you about the rules of GEGOTW

Ciao Sampras :D
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Golden Era Game of the Week 4/30/05: Moon Patrol

Post by destructor »

Weehawk wrote:
sampras wrote:
Weehawk wrote:Golden Era Game of the Week

I will allow the use of WolfMAME .78 for the further bounty only.
I don't understand if for the further bounty is only allowed WolfMAME .78.

Sorry for the stupid question but english is not my best language :D

Ciao Sampras
You may use WolfMAME .78

You may use WolfMAME .95

Momentarily, you will probably be able to use WolfMAME .96 (Barry is compiling)
If I good understand I can use newest wolf version for further bounties? Currently wolf96u1?
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Re: Golden Era Game of the Week 4/30/05: Moon Patrol

Post by Weehawk »

destructor wrote:If I good understand I can use newest wolf version for further bounties? Currently wolf96u1?
Weehawk wrote:In general for "further bounties" you may use the version specified for the game that week or a later WolfMAME version. An exception might be made for games affected by the .63 bug.
Yes, for the Moon Patrol (mpatrolw) further bounty you may use WolfMAME .96u1
John Cunningham (JTC)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

FB is end :cry: :cry: :cry:
Not claimed but it was most interesting bounty which I saw. Thanks John.

PS. My highest recorded score was 500k (I delete it, because it's useless). Last weeks I didn't have time to improve my score.
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

destructor wrote:FB is end :cry: :cry: :cry:

PS. My highest recorded score was 500k (I delete it, because it's useless). Last weeks I didn't have time to improve my score.
There'll be other opportunities.

You might want to get Kuba to build you something with dual joysticks. It may come in handy soon.

8)
John Cunningham (JTC)
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Weehawk wrote:You might want to get Kuba to build you something with dual joysticks. It may come in handy soon.
Impossible! If I know about you talk :D
Yes I plan dual joystick but after shopping on SlikStick, where I want to buy 2 topfire joysticks. I must win more money because Kuba want to buy two P360 sticks, and money which I have currently isn't enough for all shopping on SlikStik.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

destructor wrote:FB is end :cry: :cry: :cry:

I told you it would be hard didn't I? :) It's an evil game but I still love it hehe.
QRS
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

I can beat 740070, maybe in any next bounties. Maybe in 2006 on TG or maybe on MARP ... :wink:
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

destructor wrote:I can beat 740070, maybe in any next bounties. Maybe in 2006 on TG or maybe on MARP ... :wink:
So can I. At least if I had played it as much as you have since the bounty was released :)

You started from scratch though.. and I have 20 years of experience so overall you are a much faster learner than me hehe :)

Good luck!
QRS
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Hehe, first thanks QRS for small help when I play on MP.
And yes I learn very fast how to play and I found some better (I think that better) methods for some hard spots. For example for point 'D' which is hard with your method (hard for me), but with my method is very easy.
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

destructor wrote:Hehe, first thanks QRS for small help when I play on MP.
And yes I learn very fast how to play and I found some better (I think that better) methods for some hard spots. For example for point 'D' which is hard with your method (hard for me), but with my method is very easy.
You care to share that strategy for point D now when the bounty is over? I would be very interested in getting an easy D ;)
QRS
destructor
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by destructor »

Before D is big hole, jump over this big hole with normal speed, when you will be in the air hold 'back'. Hold back until rear of vehicle will be in the same line as end square with letter D and now speed change to normal (hold nothing) :)

Code: Select all

_______
     _|       |___
    |_____________|
 ___   O        O
| D |
Still don't shoot.
When square disappear from screen then immediately start shoot, usually all ufos will be killed (you can softly? change speed to fast<->normal when shoot to ufos). But if any of ufo appear from right side of screen you can't shoot all ufos at once, you must softly control vehicle (normal<->fast), wait until ufos throw bombs, and don't shoot to bombs! shoot to ufos only. Control enemy bombs, ufos can't throw next bombs until previous bomb will be not destroyed. If you succesfully control first 2 bombs change speed to fast and jump over first hole, next change speed no normal (or not, this depend from ufos and bombs position, but usually change to normal) and jump over second hole. Kill ufos. :)

Sorry but my english is weak. Maybe you will uderstand something :D
QRS
Editor

Post by QRS »

Thanks Des! I will check it out as fast as I can. If not, I bet I will see it in your inp later on ;)
QRS