Post by Weehawk »

Golden Era Game of the Week

See introduction here

The Game: Ateroids Deluxe

romname: astdelux

Reward: $50 (usd)

Deadline for submission to MARP: May 28, 2004 2359 hours GMT

Further Bounties: none

Comments: Didn't really get to play it this week either, but I'm not putting it off another week.

For the purposes of this challenge, any method for scoring points is allowable. Whether or not it is acceptable to MARP is a different question. Hunt the saucers, hunt the killsats.. if you can do it I want to see it.

However, just in case anyone finds a way to play indefinitely, or just gets good enough at the game to play too long, I will impose a one hour time limit. Whatever score you have after 216,000 frames will be the score I count for GEGOTW. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to play for eight hours trying to win the money.

I have to record without sound for my inps to play back. Tar's 2nd place recording, however, plays back fine with sound. Use sound at your own risk.

Use WolfMAME .82
John Cunningham (JTC)
Weehawk
MARPaholic
MARPaholic

Post by Weehawk »

Results:
1st: Don Hayes
2nd: SJK
3rd Sampras

Good performance on a really tough game, Don.
John Cunningham (JTC)
dbh
MARP Knight
MARP Knight

Post by dbh »

Good performance on a really tough game, Don.
Thanks! I never really played much AD in the 80's so it was fun to have a chance to improve on this one.

I'll be taking the next week off from the GEGOTW. Primary reason is that the Funspot tournament starts on Thursday, and I'm planning to go to Funspot every day from now until the end of the tournament...9 straight days at Funspot..yippee!! :)

A secondary reason is that I have absolutely no clue about how to play Alpine Ski :)